Offline moo

I listed a set of custom number plates for sale on a couple of websites and someone emailed me excepting the asking price straight away, and claims he is an oceanist and  he is at sea right now, and he keeps insisting on paying using paypal, which is fair enough, but he keeps insisting on payments not even caring about what i have to say and refuses to give his name and address, saying a pick up agent will come and collect them, which looks abit strange, because someone needs to sign paperwork etc.

I asked him to call or the agent to call and asked for his name 2 times and he keeps ignoring it. Any advice?

Offline app

whether it's safe or not, i try and avoid transactions with people who are difficult to communicate with, just too much work for the seller to get it over and done with.

Offline M308

• Degranged

• Name: Scott Thomson
whether it's safe or not, i try and avoid transactions with people who are difficult to communicate with, just too much work for the seller to get it over and done with.

+1. If he is avoiding any questions at all, give it a miss mate. Not worth the potential headf#@ks.

Offline Laminator

• https://www.facebook.com/photoesel/

Yeah... I don't think the safety of Paypal is your biggest issue here.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

It's a scam.

For some fun times reading about the various scams visit http://419eater.com/

Offline moo

sounds like shifty business ay   

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Wait - before I google WTF is an "oceanist" - is that one of those guys stuck on the love boat cos they don't have a passport to any country?

And yay for app saying something worth heeding.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Wait - before I google WTF is an "oceanist" - is that one of those guys stuck on the love boat cos they don't have a passport to any country?

That's what I thought an "Oceanist" was as well, but on doing a Google look most of the results seem to be about scams where the Dude is an "Oceanist". Still haven't found a clear answer???   :confused:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

The missus just informed me that it's some type of religion.   :?

Offline moo

Thanks for mailing back,i am an oceanist and i am buying this for my Dad, i am at sea right now,and I am glad you accepted my offer.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as i do not have access to my bank account online,but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,as you do not have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted Cheers Brendan.

Hi Their, thanks for the modlog.i am an oceanist and i am buying this for my Son, i am at sea right now,and I would liking to make an offer of purchase on your modded PC for USD$550.00.I can only pay through paypal at the moment as but i have it attached to my paypal account, and this is why i insisted on using paypal to pay,all i will need is your paypal email address to make the payments,as you do not have a paypal account yet,its pretty easy to set one up at www.paypal.com,i will be expecting your email.I have a pick up agent that will come for the pick up after payments has been sorted Cheers

Sounds familiar? Email is brendangray31@gmail.com in case someone hears from this chap. Thanks fella's