Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
i dont like the light given off by the energy saving ones
yes they have gotten better than they used to be, but I still feel like im in an office rather than my home

of course, half you guys probably wear sunglasses in the house at night, unfortunately I am not that cool

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I can't stand the old horror-movie-hospital-glow ones - these latest ones you'd have to be pretty dam good to pick from incandescent so I'm happy with them - well, until they go *plink* 

Oh - and Corey Hart is a LEG-END :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9p0Ac5bLlI

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Damn you for posting up a link to an 80's song ... you watch that, then suddenly there's eurythmics, then billy idol and all of a sudden everyone is friggin aga-dooing round the room. Stoppit!
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I've had Sweet Dreams in my head all day Image

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Double damn you... taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaakeeee oooooooooooooooooooooooonnn meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
C'mon, do it!

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So, in a new place and all's well, then yesterday morning the power goes out.

Call Tru Energy, they have no idea why the power was switched off but now I have to reapply for a new account.  Oh FFS, ok I do that, they put in an order to get it connected and tell me it should be done later in the afternoon.

Got home about 8pm last night - no power.  Sigh.  No stress, decided to just head to the opening of the Fringe and have a few drinks and catch up on email etc on my iPhone.  Eventually that dies of course.

Back on the phone to Tru Energy today - they say the order was cancelled but don't know why.  Call ETSA (the folks hooking it up) and they say someone went at 10pm last night but couldn't get access - no shit, it's a secured high-rise (for Adelayed) apartment.  I have to call Tru back to get the order re-raised.  :rolleyes:

Call Tru who say it's already raised, they call ETSA who advise them that it's been done.  I'm sceptical to say the least, they ask if I can just check the meter box to see - how would I know where that is - I didn't construct the fucking building.  Fine, it's 25 mins to get home to check a switch for you idiots, no problem.  Then first song on the radio as I'm heading home is the theme from Tru Calling. :?

Get home - if those lights are on they're awfully energy efficient.  Don't know where the box is, catch up with property manager in the main foyer and use her landline to call ETSA.  They tell me that my order today was cancelled AGAIN - long conversation and I have to call Tru back to re-re-raise it. 

So, it's 3pm, I call Tru back - she's going over my situation yet again - back and forth for 15 minutes, I ask if I can just get a dude out and TO CALL ME WHEN HE'S HERE so I can give him access.  She says my order was just cancelled YET AGAIN, I'm like WTF now?  She says a technician attended at 3:02pm but couldn't get access to the building.  I'm like hang on lady - I was ON THE PHONE TO YOU at this time, IN THE MAIN FOYER OF THE BUILDING which he claims to have attended.  Someone's telling some big fucking porky pies.

Now she has re-re-re-raised my request, telling me that someone will be around "between now and midnight" to switch my power BACK ON, can I just stay around to provide access please, and BTW, there will be a $73 after-hours callout fee added to your first bill.

So, I'm supposed to be having a PS3 night with a mate - I suspect we'll just spend the night in the pub and I'll have no power for a few more days - apologies to those I'm supposed to be getting some work done for. :doh:

I can't remember the last time I encountered such an avalanche of galactic incompetence.

Fuck.

Offline CortinaD

So, in a new place and all's well, then yesterday morning the power goes out.

Call Tru Energy, they have no idea why the power was switched off but now I have to reapply for a new account.  Oh FFS, ok I do that, they put in an order to get it connected and tell me it should be done later in the afternoon.

Got home about 8pm last night - no power.  Sigh.  No stress, decided to just head to the opening of the Fringe and have a few drinks and catch up on email etc on my iPhone.  Eventually that dies of course.

Back on the phone to Tru Energy today - they say the order was cancelled but don't know why.  Call ETSA (the folks hooking it up) and they say someone went at 10pm last night but couldn't get access - no shit, it's a secured high-rise (for Adelayed) apartment.  I have to call Tru back to get the order re-raised.  :rolleyes:

Call Tru who say it's already raised, they call ETSA who advise them that it's been done.  I'm sceptical to say the least, they ask if I can just check the meter box to see - how would I know where that is - I didn't construct the fucking building.  Fine, it's 25 mins to get home to check a switch for you idiots, no problem.  Then first song on the radio as I'm heading home is the theme from Tru Calling. :?

Get home - if those lights are on they're awfully energy efficient.  Don't know where the box is, catch up with property manager in the main foyer and use her landline to call ETSA.  They tell me that my order today was cancelled AGAIN - long conversation and I have to call Tru back to re-re-raise it. 

So, it's 3pm, I call Tru back - she's going over my situation yet again - back and forth for 15 minutes, I ask if I can just get a dude out and TO CALL ME WHEN HE'S HERE so I can give him access.  She says my order was just cancelled YET AGAIN, I'm like WTF now?  She says a technician attended at 3:02pm but couldn't get access to the building.  I'm like hang on lady - I was ON THE PHONE TO YOU at this time, IN THE MAIN FOYER OF THE BUILDING which he claims to have attended.  Someone's telling some big fucking porky pies.

Now she has re-re-re-raised my request, telling me that someone will be around "between now and midnight" to switch my power BACK ON, can I just stay around to provide access please, and BTW, there will be a $73 after-hours callout fee added to your first bill.

So, I'm supposed to be having a PS3 night with a mate - I suspect we'll just spend the night in the pub and I'll have no power for a few more days - apologies to those I'm supposed to be getting some work done for. :doh:

I can't remember the last time I encountered such an avalanche of galactic incompetence.

Fuck.

You should jump off your balcony

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

You should jump off your balcony

I can't find it in the dark.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

gimme a heads up next time.. i'm away for the weekend and my PS3 and toys in my apartment needed babysitting... and I have power  :p