Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I have security cameras and night vision cameras throughout the place that record and are monitored.

What I want, is a camera that I can access with my phone so I can look at my cars when I miss them. And since I can remote start the Lambo from anywhere in the world, I want to play some pranks on Paul as he doesn't know I have that ability :D
LOL u bastard...........http://www.hiddencamera.com.au/
Forget that one, its still pictures not video.

Doesnt your dvr have internet access, i thought most of them did.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Fwiw, If you want usable images, you need hi definition and no compression. Still frames from video are of little use when they are just a blur. And as 360c said, you need them high and low. I can understand why a medico or pharmacist would spend big on them, the added personal safety aspect. But for factories, the best outcome is deterrent. Trouble is it also makes your place look worthwhile :(

I have super HD cameras in some areas like the drug safes. Image is so good you can read the info on stock boxes from 10mtrs away. Staff theft is 50% of the problem and they are harder to catch.
I have had 2 pharmacists stealing drugs over the years.

Offline app

In retail environments why can't retailers make it a condition of entry that all hoodies/hats be removed while in the store?

The number of people wearing hats/hoodies is generally small, meaning it wouldn't take as much of staff time to ask them to remove or get out.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
In retail environments why can't retailers make it a condition of entry that all hoodies/hats be removed while in the store?

The number of people wearing hats/hoodies is generally small, meaning it wouldn't take as much of staff time to ask them to remove or get out.

I doubt The theft is happening during business hours :darkside:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I doubt The theft is happening during business hours :darkside:

When I was involved in Retail, the amount of 5 finger discounting was outrageous.
And there is not really a lot you can do about it. We had cameras and it still didn't deter them.
Different circumstances I know.....

Offline dkabab

I work in retail, theft is at an all time high... We have cameras everywhere.. Doesn't stop anyone

Doesn't lead to anything anyway, just leads to proof that its been stolen so we can write it off properly.

Most camera systems record for someone to look back on if needed. No one is sitting there all day watching the live feed. 

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I work in retail, theft is at an all time high... We have cameras everywhere.. Doesn't stop anyone

Doesn't lead to anything anyway, just leads to proof that its been stolen so we can write it off properly.

Most camera systems record for someone to look back on if needed. No one is sitting there all day watching the live feed.

They are sitting there in David jones watching the live feeds.
I did some work there when they opened the city store and even back then they could zoom into ant product and read the price.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

You can; but they will ignore it. In trading hours it identifies them as suspicious so you can stand on top of them until they give up and leave. After hours it's a given they are crime ;)

Offline dkabab

They are sitting there in David jones watching the live feeds.
I did some work there when they opened the city store and even back then they could zoom into ant product and read the price.

Might be an exception, but I know where I work they are useless. I've used them myself. About 3 frames per second and 640x480 res. if that.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Might be an exception, but I know where I work they are useless. I've used them myself. About 3 frames per second and 640x480 res. if that.

makes you wonder if when in large stores and you hear 'security to section xxxx' is it just a hoax to make the customers think you are being watched.