Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
RIP Neil Armstrong. Armstrong died on Saturday aged 82 from complications following heart surgery for blocked arteries earlier this month.

First man to work on the moon. I loved my little moon landing module as a kid. It was a pretty amazing feeling when the world stopped to watch the landing. The buzz at the time was sensational.

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/technology/technology-news/neil-armstrong-first-man-on-the-moon-dies-at-82-20120826-24tyr.html

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/world/us-astronaut-neil-armstrong-dies-at-82/story-e6frfkui-1226458179580

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I met Neil a long time ago at a conference and sat at his table for lunch.  My memory is of a quietly spoken, modest man.  Good table manners too.  :)

What an almighty achievement that mission was!

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I met Neil a long time ago at a conference and sat at his table for lunch.  My memory is of a quietly spoken, modest man.  Good table manners too.  :)

What an almighty achievement that mission was!

Just meeting him must have been an inspiring moment, he always appeared a very humble nice person.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Just meeting him must have been an inspiring moment, he always appeared a very humble nice person.

Yes, it was pretty exciting. Like you, I was a kid when the landing took place and can remember the occasion well.  The whole school stopped to watch it.  Nothing man has done since beats it for a combination of technology and bravery.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Just heard that on landing they only had 40 seconds of fuel left so they only had one attempt at landing otherwise they would have crashed.

They didn't mention the fuel requirements for leaving.   

RIP to an inspirational man.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Sad way to end.

My sister was nicknamed Buzz, as she was learning to walk at the time, and looked like Buzz Aldrin, apparently.

I was just a sparkle in oldgitau eyes......

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Sad news indeed.

RIP
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
Yes, it was pretty exciting. Like you, I was a kid when the landing took place and can remember the occasion well.  The whole school stopped to watch it.  Nothing man has done since beats it for a combination of technology and bravery.
I was in grade 1 at primary school. Mum and Dad knew it was something pretty big so they decided to pick me up from school and watch it at home together to make it memorable. I still remember my father at the back of the classroom like it was yesterday. One of my earliest childhood memorys. Guess it worked.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

I was in grade 1 at primary school. Mum and Dad knew it was something pretty big so they decided to pick me up from school and watch it at home together to make it memorable. I still remember my father at the back of the classroom like it was yesterday. One of my earliest childhood memorys. Guess it worked.

Nice :thumbsup:

Offline Laminator

Not a great week for my clan.

First Lance has every award he's ever won taken from him and a life ban from cycling bestowed upon him, then this.

RIP.

:(