Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
wow google is F A S T  :eek:

i posted the 430 Scuderia brochure less than an hour ago
---> http://aussieexotics.com/forum/index.php?topic=432.msg3989#new

and here it is on google as #2 website

You must have posted it JUST as the spider crawled.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
You must have posted it JUST as the spider crawled.

ok we can test.  give me a fairly unique ( :doh: ) headline to use as another "article" (something car-related), i'll post it up and check how long it takes to show up on google (both oz and global) and it's placement.

Offline andecorp

ok we can test.  give me a fairly unique ( :doh: ) headline to use as another "article" (something car-related), i'll post it up and check how long it takes to show up on google (both oz and global) and it's placement.

Spiders have algorithms that makes them identify important/useful info.

To make sure it appears important and they place it at the top, make something like "Latest important Ferrari release!"
or use this one since it's real "News Flash - World Exclusive: 2009 Lotus Esprit Convertible being released - very important for Lotus image"
Tag the title and the metas of the page you put that on see how quickly it gets up. Doing all that will make it perfectly optimised.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Spiders have algorithms that makes them identify important/useful info.

To make sure it appears important and they place it at the top, make something like "Latest important Ferrari release!"
or use this one since it's real "News Flash - World Exclusive: 2009 Lotus Esprit Convertible being released - very important for Lotus image"
Tag the title and the metas of the page you put that on see how quickly it gets up. Doing all that will make it perfectly optimised.

well, that news is kinda 2006ish
---> http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/spy-shots-2009-lotus-esprit/

but no i don't mean to make anything sensationalist, i just want to try it out to learn.  as for title and metas, thing is when the spiders first hit it they'll index it as being part of the front page, it will only be later on once the article is off the first page that google will show it's actual URL.  even then the meta tags are blog-wide i think, not per article... i'll double-check that to see if there's a plugin, would make sense.

perhaps the latest NSX delay is suitable fodder... point is i just want to word it differently to other articles headlines specifically to see how quickly it's indexed.

Offline andecorp

well, that news is kinda 2006ish
---> http://www.motorauthority.com/news/coupes/spy-shots-2009-lotus-esprit/

but no i don't mean to make anything sensationalist, i just want to try it out to learn.  as for title and metas, thing is when the spiders first hit it they'll index it as being part of the front page, it will only be later on once the article is off the first page that google will show it's actual URL.  even then the meta tags are blog-wide i think, not per article... i'll double-check that to see if there's a plugin, would make sense.

perhaps the latest NSX delay is suitable fodder... point is i just want to word it differently to other articles headlines specifically to see how quickly it's indexed.

Only now they are showing mock ups of the drop top and the drop top is a definite.
But it doesn't matter the content. Just keep it up there long enough for th espiders (hopufully only hours) and then take it down. If they don't pick it up in a day or so, then you missed out until the next 6 weeks when they go through again and update their registers.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

If they don't pick it up in a day or so, then you missed out until the next 6 weeks when they go through again and update their registers.

nahhhh i don't think it's like that anymore, nearly anything i put up can be found on google within a day or two, i can see the referral hits coming in.  i don't check yahoo and msn very often but i figger they must have a much longer wait between indexing runs because as i said in the first post of this thread, i'm still getting constant hits from yahoo/msn from people searching for bangbros and passwords and cracks/serials/etc, from when the original gallery system here a year or so ago was hacked.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

ok, have put up a listing of the latest articles about the NSX being delayed, using the term "buckley's chance" which i'm pretty sure won't be used much elsewhere.  :D

http://aussieexotics.com/2007/07/24/honda-nsx-buckleys-chance-for-2008

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

there we go, #1 in google oz, took just under 20 minutes.  i kept checking every minute or two since posting.

http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=en&safe=off&q=honda+nsx+buckley%27s+chance&btnG=Search&meta=cr%3DcountryAU

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht