Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

After 8 years of running my music through my C-bus system, it's time to throw it out and replace with Sonos.

Speakers are already in the ceilings, just need new amps and a new interface, and/or controlling through my phone.

C-bus is staying, just changing music control.

Anyone currently running Sonos?

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

After 8 years of running my music through my C-bus system, it's time to throw it out and replace with Sonos.

Speakers are already in the ceilings, just need new amps and a new interface, and/or controlling through my phone.

C-bus is staying, just changing music control.

Anyone currently running Sonos?

got sonos throughout internal and external of the house.

I don't use the dedicated songs speakers, I have higher end speakers all controlled centrally from a data hub with sonos controllers

My brother has russound which is another option

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
I just put in a sound bar and sub with Heos.

It sounded better and had better connectivity with the links so I can play from my record player to the speakers.
It has been quite good, a couple of niggling things but I think that has more to do with me not having the internet at home than the system.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

good info guys, thanks.

installed an apple device last year to stream my iPhone music through the house, but still needed to go to the light switch if I want to change from phone music to radio or pc music.

now it'll be all off the iPhone.

Offline Joel

I have Bose internally and externally. It's all hard wired but the amps run off blue tooth off the wireless network. So I control the whole thing by my phone or by their cool oval discs. It's pretty cool system but each set of speakers needs an amp. So if you don't have much space it can be an issue.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
good info guys, thanks.

installed an apple device last year to stream my iPhone music through the house, but still needed to go to the light switch if I want to change from phone music to radio or pc music.

now it'll be all off the iPhone.
Have you seen the "Automation" app, access to your CBUS from your iPhone or iPad, as long as you have the wifi bridge or wiser.
Pretty simple to set up, just make a new button of the correct type, dimmer, switch etc and push the wired button that does that function. It captures the signal. Then it works from the phone any time your home. Search app store for "Automation" by Touch Soft

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Have you seen the "Automation" app, access to your CBUS from your iPhone or iPad, as long as you have the wifi bridge or wiser.
Pretty simple to set up, just make a new button of the correct type, dimmer, switch etc and push the wired button that does that function. It captures the signal. Then it works from the phone any time your home. Search app store for "Automation" by Touch Soft
thanks, looked it up. one great review, one terrible.

expensive in app terms too!!

I thought it would be 99 cents.  :p

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Racing ] Australian GT series JPG Today at 00:45
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics Fil-Ski Yesterday at 21:40
[ British Cars ] JAGUAR XJ220 andecorp Yesterday at 18:27
[ Electric Cars ] Tesla Model X 360c Yesterday at 14:56
[ Trains, Planes and Automobiles - General chat. ] Qantas - thought leadership E7ITE Yesterday at 13:25
[ McLaren ] McLaren BP23 bobbo Yesterday at 13:23