Offline Rix

I totally understand what you mean. The BS about having to reformat movies etc to be able to play them, no proper word processing, attachment management and the worst thing...no flash! The no flash thing REALLY pisses me off, it's such a hinderance when your restricted from working. If you have an iPhone just think of it as a bigger version nothing more.

If your always on the move, like myself, then it's fantastic and I highly recommend it as a tool. If not it's NEVER going to replace a netbook.

Even when I get home I just use the iPad rather than my laptop because I find it an easier interface on the sofa or in bed reading a book.

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

I'm happy enough using the iPad. It's good for traveling - don't need to remove it from the bag at security like you do with a laptop - and great for couch surfing.  But it ends there. It isn't some kind of miracle cure. It's useless to use laid flat for one thing.

Adl airport security asked me to take my iPad out this time around.. No biggie tho as it's so thin it just slips out of my bag easily.

Ive gotten used to typing on it now and do a fair bit of work on word and excel via thin client to my office. Also use the ithoughts app for meetings where i can do a mind map so quickly and easily. It's been awesome!

Battery life is good.

My bro told me that if I jailbreak it then I'll have the multitasking capability and be able to view movies on avi format... Gonna investigate this further..

I love my iPad :)

Offline Rix

Adl airport security asked me to take my iPad out this time around.. No biggie tho as it's so thin it just slips out of my bag easily.

Ive gotten used to typing on it now and do a fair bit of work on word and excel via thin client to my office. Also use the ithoughts app for meetings where i can do a mind map so quickly and easily. It's been awesome!

Battery life is good.

My bro told me that if I jailbreak it then I'll have the multitasking capability and be able to view movies on avi format... Gonna investigate this further..

I love my iPad :)

My iPad is Jailbroken but it doesnt multitask nor will it play avi files. Infact after I updated to the new Apple OS last week, it undid the Jailbreak, now none of my Jailbroken apps work until the new Jailbreak software is launched...If that makes any sense  :doh:

Word & Excel? Please explain. I use Office HD it's great to have Word processing but it's quite limited. Also I went to the iThoughts site but can't really figure out what it does :scratchchin:

Offline CortinaD

Word & Excel? Please explain.

through terminal server via remote desktop to his work server I guess.

Offline tentacles1

I have jail broken my iPad too, for the sole purpose of multitasking. Just download the backgrounder app and it is super simple.

Also for those who use the iPad for watching movies etc at home, the app Air Video is awesome. Wirelessly connects to my Macbook as well as my external hard drive hooked up to my router and plays any videos off them, avi etc supported and no need to convert to MP4. Effectively gives me 1tb of video on the iPad which is very handy.

What apps do you other iPad users find the most useful?

Offline cjay

I've been using Easy Release. It's a model release form, works really well and will save a few thousand sheets of paper a year  :)

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
I bought a hundred buck fakey-do Hng Kong Android thing, not interested in the ipad apps I just wanted something bigger and easier to read web stuff on than my iphone - does the job fine for that. :thumbsup:

Offline hydie

I bought a hundred buck fakey-do Hng Kong Android thing, not interested in the ipad apps I just wanted something bigger and easier to read web stuff on than my iphone - does the job fine for that. :thumbsup:
Would love to see some pics of it? What's the build quality like?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Would love to see some pics of it? What's the build quality like?

Um it looks like an 8 inch iphone, quality is meh, its really sluggish and somewhat innacurate with the touchscreen.

If you're looking for an ipad altrnative this ain't it bro, but I like it for couch-surfing when I'm not either at a desktop or bar.

Offline Paulstar

Hi Ash,

Have you got a link handy for where you got your HK special?

Thanks  :D