Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Offline adam01

Ok no laptop, then what about this for the workshop?

In keeping with the car theme (quality) :D

Offline cel

I've been having an issue over the last 1.5 years where my PC works great for months, then all of a sudden it starts restarting itself (or blue screen of death) and most of the time it can't start up after shutting down, it just freezes during start up.

Whenever it happens I've been bringing it to a guy in the CBD who has been great and always fixes it but months later it happens again.

Last issue he told me was an Adobe program which seem to run everytime it happened and he uninstalled it.

Now it's happening again (restarted/froze twice tonight) and was wondering where I can find the error log to see if I can find the program that might be causing it.

Running Window 7 Ultimate, 32bit

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

control panel > system and security > system > advanced system settings > startup and recovery settings > untick 'auto restart' box

also do a search for *.dmp files -  look for the most recent one and it will give you the error message

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
Being well into the millenium books, you've obviously been hacked with spyware.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I've been having an issue over the last 1.5 years where my PC works great for months, then all of a sudden it starts restarting itself (or blue screen of death) and most of the time it can't start up after shutting down, it just freezes during start up.

Whenever it happens I've been bringing it to a guy in the CBD who has been great and always fixes it but months later it happens again.

Last issue he told me was an Adobe program which seem to run everytime it happened and he uninstalled it.

Now it's happening again (restarted/froze twice tonight) and was wondering where I can find the error log to see if I can find the program that might be causing it.

Format and reinstall everything, I did this a few months ago, the only way to get rid of bugs sometimes.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Format and reinstall everything, I did this a few months ago, the only way to get rid of bugs sometimes.

BSOD's are sometimes really easy to fix, can either be a hard or software issue.  The reformat and reinstall is not that easy and even good back ups can fail you sometimes.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

BSOD's are sometimes really easy to fix, can either be a hard or software issue.  The reformat and reinstall is not that easy and even good back ups can fail you sometimes.

It was last resort for me but once you back up all your data into a folder called "data"for instance, move your PST file into that and put the lot onto a removable hard drive, it's not that hard. just takes a bit of time .

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

My hardware bets would be on either insufficient RAM (although unlikely nowadays with most PCs coming with 4+GB), overheating (more likely for a notebook), or insufficient power from the power supply. Two questions:
1. Is your computer a notebook
2. Is your computer custom or from a shop selling computers they've built

Offline cel

It's a desktop, from a shop.

Though I'm considering getting a custom now as I've had enough of this happening.

I turned it on this morning, then prior to doing a anything it went black. Tried to restart several times but it wouldn't,