Offline CortinaD

Telstra have new cap plans that have lots more included data now. $80 pm cap with 600mb data etc. and you add a browsing pack to that if it is not enough, before the options were junk.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Telstra have new cap plans that have lots more included data now. $80 pm cap with 600mb data etc. and you add a browsing pack to that if it is not enough, before the options were junk.

That's what I'm looking at - moreso the $49 cap as I don't go over a couple hundred $ of calls/texts a month very often.  With $49 for 3gb data pack that's similar to what I'm on now with Virgin - except supposedly more reliable/faster.

If I go for that - I'll have a shiny new iPhone4 to flog - if anyone here is keen start bidding. :D  Or maybe I can run some AE giveaway/contest thingy... :scratchchin:

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
I'm waiting for my iphone 4 to come, I switched from 3 to Voda purely because where I live seems to be an island of no 3 network coverage (right on top of the hill so go figure) and i'm sick of paying roaming prices on data. Voda has much better reception than 3, I checked their live reception maps... but i'm told Telstra is the best and fastest.
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline CarBuyersDirect

Telstra: Cheap For Prepaid, Expensive For Contract But only 3G Network in most parts of Australia 70%
Optus: Excellent Network, Pretty Good Pricing 80%
Vodafone: Ok Network, Great Pricing 90%.

Offline app

I have iPhone 3GS on Vodafone network which I've been on for 1 year now. Stay away from it!
In the beginning it was great - excellent signal, excellent data speeds, never dropped a call or gave me weak signal etc.
6-8 months down the track - all I get is shit signals, call drop-outs, ridiculously slow data speeds. I spend most days in the CBD and it is STILL bad in this area!

I don't know what it is but a few have told me it's 'network jam' as in too many people using all the services. I don't know whether this is the likely scenario?

When this contract expires I will probably go to Optus. I was with Telstra before Vodafone and had excellent coverage as you would expect, but it was hell expensive and customer service was shit every time I contacted them.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I have iPhone 3GS on Vodafone network which I've been on for 1 year now. Stay away from it!
In the beginning it was great - excellent signal, excellent data speeds, never dropped a call or gave me weak signal etc.
6-8 months down the track - all I get is shit signals, call drop-outs, ridiculously slow data speeds. I spend most days in the CBD and it is STILL bad in this area!

Yeah gf is with Vodafone - it mostly seems alright but sometimes when I've used her iPhone4 the data speeds are pathetic even compared with my old 3G clunker on Virgin.  Hasn't complained much about anything else though.

When this contract expires I will probably go to Optus. I was with Telstra before Vodafone and had excellent coverage as you would expect, but it was hell expensive and customer service was shit every time I contacted them.

Well the Telstra plan I ordered is comparable with the Virgin one I'm on currently, they're ok techwise - but the data signal does cut out now and then and sometimes (especially mid-morning/evening) it can take 2-3 minutes just for it to ping email and congestion can be an issue - I seldom had an actual problem with them, but when I did I was faced with echelons of stonewalled idiocy and in the end succumbed several hundred $ as I couldn't be bothered pursuing it - which I suspect is their strategy.

Virgin use the Optus network - so whether you get the same issues I had... dunno.

BTW Vodafone and Three are the same now I think - I had constant problems with Three, I mean WEEKLY tech issues - got sick of working my way through their Bangladesh hopedesk and dumped them.

Offline Mario

• Name: Polish Doctor
Yeah gf is with Vodafone - it mostly seems alright but sometimes when I've used her iPhone4 the data speeds are pathetic even compared with my old 3G clunker on Virgin.  Hasn't complained much about anything else though.

Well the Telstra plan I ordered is comparable with the Virgin one I'm on currently, they're ok techwise - but the data signal does cut out now and then and sometimes (especially mid-morning/evening) it can take 2-3 minutes just for it to ping email and congestion can be an issue - I seldom had an actual problem with them, but when I did I was faced with echelons of stonewalled idiocy and in the end succumbed several hundred $ as I couldn't be bothered pursuing it - which I suspect is their strategy.

Virgin use the Optus network - so whether you get the same issues I had... dunno.

BTW Vodafone and Three are the same now I think - I had constant problems with Three, I mean WEEKLY tech issues - got sick of working my way through their Bangladesh hopedesk and dumped them.

Ash,

If i were you i would choose Telstra ! Better coverage and service and excellent help desk ! :thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Ash,

If i were you i would choose Telstra ! Better coverage and service and excellent help desk ! :thumbsup:

Cheers man already have - now have an iPhone 4 and HTC Desire HD on the way.

Any offers for the iPhone? :D

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Cheers man already have - now have an iPhone 4 and HTC Desire HD on the way.

Any offers for the iPhone? :D
$100 :)

Offline fivesix

1kg of wagyu and a six pack of beer of your choice...