Offline DL599

• nee Melbourne Exotics

• Name: Damon
well im with optus and they suck, my credit has vanished twice in a week and they say i have 1c texts, i have 20c left and i dont have enough to send a text
if your car feels safe, your not going fast enough

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
BTW Vodafone and Three are the same now I think - I had constant problems with Three, I mean WEEKLY tech issues - got sick of working my way through their Bangladesh hopedesk and dumped them.

They have partnered up, have free calls to each other and exact same pricing..... but they still use different networks where voda network is much better than the 3 network. In about 3 years they will either use the same network or will separate again. We will see what the future holds
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline CortinaD

Cheers man already have - now have an iPhone 4 and HTC Desire HD on the way.

Any offers for the iPhone? :D

Keep it as you will need it as I have money on you binning the HTC within 6.3 weeks.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

HTC is the Riced out Honda of the phone world.

Iphone is the technology savy Mercedes.

Blackberry is the American Muscle

i'm talking out of my ass but that's what they remind me of

Offline Paulstar

They have partnered up, have free calls to each other and exact same pricing..... but they still use different networks where voda network is much better than the 3 network. In about 3 years they will either use the same network or will separate again. We will see what the future holds

I'm pretty sure that they have started sharing towers already,three will disappear much sooner than 3 years. I have a voda sim, my co worker has a three sim, he gets better reception and faster internet. I've always  been with optus so im not used to crappy reception, personally i wouldn't get another Vodafone sim.

Offline app

Cheers man already have - now have an iPhone 4 and HTC Desire HD on the way.

Any offers for the iPhone? :D

Did you try out the Samsung Galaxy? Used one a few times, seems really good. I'd have one if I didn't have this iPhone.
Although it is not as good as Apple/itunes setup at the moment, I think Android is the future.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

I'm pretty sure that they have started sharing towers already,three will disappear much sooner than 3 years. I have a voda sim, my co worker has a three sim, he gets better reception and faster internet. I've always  been with optus so im not used to crappy reception, personally i wouldn't get another Vodafone sim.

Yeah there are a million variables like what areas you use it at, what phone you have ect....

One anoying thing with 3 is how the fone always looses a call when the phone switches from a 3 tower to another company tower. after 6 years with 3 i'm trying someone new, Voda isn't meant to have the drop out problem anywhere near like 3 has, and for the areas I frequent Voda has better reception than 3. Individual circumstances.

And I think Android will be the market leader in no time....

Offline Paulstar

Android is pretty sweet even on an average handset (SE X10) I'm pretty keen to play around with the Nokia N8, i think this is definately a Android competitor. I've had an N97 for almost 2 years now (symbian software), really awesome phone I find, i think Nokia can only get better.

Offline Paulstar

One anoying thing with 3 is how the fone always looses a call when the phone switches from a 3 tower to another company tower.

I heard about this too, the 3 tower will run out so the phone will look for another tower, if it finds telstra it will connect to that (one drop out) if it finds voda it will connect to that (also one drop out) but if it drops out twice that means it's gone from 3 to Telstra to Voda.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
HTC is the Riced out Honda of the phone world.

Iphone is the technology savy Mercedes.

Blackberry is the American Muscle

To take your analogy I think the HTC DHD is the GTR to iPhone's BMW M, a fantastic kit but held back by the the dumbarse operating systems, but the thing is we're still in a young handheld market so we don't yet have a Lamborghini to compete.