Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Errrrr. I think MHH might well have the priviledge of driving that car as he HAS money. Kind of his point it would seem.

Let me clarify, one guy runs a podcast site that makes no money, he enjoys it thats why he does it.

mhh queried why he would do it if it made no money, I pointed out that he drives a Ferrari, thats eats money.... why ? because he enjoys it.

A strange analogy but that was the idea.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Ok so yeah, assuming a podcast is successful - whether that means  1,000 subscribers or a million - how do you monetize it?

Offline Paulstar

Ok so yeah, assuming a podcast is successful - whether that means  1,000 subscribers or a million - how do you monetize it?

Sponsor's messages at the start of the podcast is one way.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

You use Google. :p

http://www.twistimage.com/blog/archives/how-to-monetize-your-podcast/

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Spent a bunch of time fleshing out the podcast idea with a mate who I'd do it with, turns out it's actually a really good idea that we're both excited about.

Still got no idea how to make money from it yet, but we're pretty confident we can draw an audience.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

.Still got no idea how to make money from it yet, but we're pretty confident we can draw an audience.

Audience = money but have a go the worst that can happen is you learn something.

Hint - the secret to success is customer service.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Spent a bunch of time fleshing out the podcast idea with a mate who I'd do it with, turns out it's actually a really good idea that we're both excited about.

Still got no idea how to make money from it yet, but we're pretty confident we can draw an audience.

:thumbsup:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

So, the blueprint I've come up with, in theory it makes for a great format, as presenters my mate is a professional performer - theatre/radio/tv ads/bands/etc - and I'm... Well, I'm a charming mofo.

It's probably going to be 1/3 scripted 2/3 ad-lib. As for content, I've come up with a system whereby we have almost limitless interesting stuff - even if nothing happened in the world anymore we'd have a year's worth of ammo easy.

The three things we're left with are implementation, branding, and monetisation.

Being subscribed to dozens of podcasts I'm getting a good idea how to deliver best. We were talking about branding tonight, we think we've got a great angle and appeal, kinda like we'll be little known for ages, but we'll produce something that goes viral and all you bastards will be hipster like "I knew of them when they were shitter than they are now".

With a total of three emails and an hour of discussion of the idea between us, we field tested some stuff tonight, and were right away quite pleased with the reception, if we can carry the energy and interest and humour over to a recorded format I reckon we're on a winner.