Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Making money from every passion I have is my goal, until then I'm happy for them to be hobbies.

If they're good enough and the right people hear them, mission accomplished , bit of luck involved but you can determine how much luck you have by how you go about it.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
One way to make money out of it is to make them extra funny/hilarious/interesting for the first 2-3 minutes. You keep a full video on your website where you sell advertising then the first one to three minutes you post on youtube. That will bring you cash from youtube and send people to your website to see the full video.
Deliberately start each video with something funny/'super interesting to grab peoples attention. You need to do that anyway, if you dont grab peoples attention in the first 4 seconds they'll click off your video.

Have an opt in page on your website to collect email addresses. Then as you add new videos you email all your fans to say you have a new video up. One of the keys is to add a new video every week at the same time so people are looking for it.... then you can add other topics/videos on your youtube channel for extra cash such as exotic car videos....  Later on you can add merch and run competitions for your sponsors products... something you could be doing on this website... I think a comp for a couple of Capristo exhaust systems is a great idea ;)

Then you promote your videos on twitter, facebook and on forums related to your videos.
Thats why tunnel video guy shares his videos on all of these car forums.. the more views he gets, the more money he makes.
The ways to make money from it if youre serious are unlimited. It all depends on your attitude on whether you want to make money or just have your videos, how you want them to be.

In business you have to give the market what they want, not what you want... 

One day I'll work out how to do that for myself ;)

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A red car.
Its not always about being funny. This guy is making well over $100k a year from youtube by posting interesting videos and on his video for this week he is promoting his website and a TV show that has come from him being on youtube.

He even has a competition he is promoting. I thought of using him as an example of a channel that uses interesting over comedy. When I clicked on his channel his main video was an example of everything I just tallked about, I hadnt seen this at all before making my last comment. Thanks for backing me up Kip.
This video is a massive advertisement for himself, its not what he does all the time and is reflected by all the dislikes but when youre as big as he is on there it doesnt matter to get negative comments.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhkW-0V-ec" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hhkW-0V-ec</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Example of what you're talking about... This video is full of fascinating shit, but it's very dry - I could make this information much more entertaining:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_W-IXqoxHA" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_W-IXqoxHA</a>

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Just FYI, three times last week the information about aging and genes came in handy at various get togethers, at one do I found it effortless to basically talk about the science behind it all in an interesting way and keep about 8-10 people enthralled for over five minutes while I explained it, which then lead onto other interesting topics and stuff.

This is why it's cool for me - when in group situations I'm typically a sit back and every now and then drop a one-liner bomb, but to talk for an extended amount of time and have an entire group genuinely interested in the information being imparted without it being a pre-arranged talk/conference is kinda awesome. :cool:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
Just FYI, three times last week the information about aging and genes came in handy at various get togethers, at one do I found it effortless to basically talk about the science behind it all in an interesting way and keep about 8-10 people enthralled for over five minutes while I explained it, which then lead onto other interesting topics and stuff.

This is why it's cool for me - when in group situations I'm typically a sit back and every now and then drop a one-liner bomb, but to talk for an extended amount of time and have an entire group genuinely interested in the information being imparted without it being a pre-arranged talk/conference is kinda awesome. :cool:

How much did the audience pay you?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Thankyou, I'll be here all week. :D