Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

are they led?

Never liked led.

Went plasma 7 years ago.

LED, I love the blacks on the Sony screens, nobody does it better IMO.

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
are they led?

Never liked led.

Went plasma 7 years ago.

yeah, I purchased a new TV last year and for what I do, i still find Plasma (I got Panasonic Viera) to be the best bang for buck best picture quality and seemingly the best motion for gaming. Only thing with Plasma is that they're power hungry, but that's my least concern. Not sure if anyone makes Plasma's anymore this year though.

Offline Joel

I'm a Samsung man myself. Purely because of the cost I pick them up for. I don't watch enough tv for it to worry so much about quality. Just has to be big.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I mostly buy B&O because none of the mass market brands seem to care about sound.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

I mostly buy B&O because none of the mass market brands seem to care about sound.

They are using Samsung panels, I looked at their 85 inch but the Sony 85 inch picture quality, to my eyes anyway, leaves it for dead, I love B&O speakers so I bought them separately and paired them with the Sony 85 inch display, it would've been cheaper to get the B&O TV because everything is built in but I really didn't like the picture quality, sound on the other hand, unbeatable.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I never play sound thru the TVs.........I have sound systems for that.   :p

Offline JBO

They are using Samsung panels, I looked at their 85 inch but the Sony 85 inch picture quality, to my eyes anyway, leaves it for dead, I love B&O speakers so I bought them separately and paired them with the Sony 85 inch display, it would've been cheaper to get the B&O TV because everything is built in but I really didn't like the picture quality, sound on the other hand, unbeatable.

If you guys want amazing sound paired to a TV look into Dynaudio XEO. Wireless active speakers (no amp required) with streaming. Incredible sound. Unobtrusive appearance if you get the bookshelf speakers which still kick hard.

Or I can provide some advice on components that will blow your mind for the same price as a set of B&O speakers.

I like B&O but if you heard my system which cost me $5k you'd be pretty amazed I reckon. For less than $4k you'd have 80 percent of what my system can do. I went stand mount speakers because I don't have a huge room (it's 5m x 5m) but it kicks arse and the soundstage and imaging is amazing.

My system - REL T5 subwoofer, Dynaudio Excite X12 speakers, Peachtree Audio Grand Integrated X1 Digital Amp with on board DAC - 2 x 770 watts per channel RMS into 4 ohms with tube pre-amp stage. It's a beast of an amp power wise but compact, nice to look at, and grips the dynaudios by the throat and makes them sing...

Anyway, sorry for the audio nerd post. I'll get back to cars now!
This anonymous clan of slack-jawed troglodytes has cost me the election, and yet if I were to have them killed, I would be the one to go to jail. That's democracy for you. - C Montgomery Burns.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Audio guys put car guys to shame on tech specs.  :thumbsup: :D

Offline JBO

Audio guys put car guys to shame on tech specs.  :thumbsup: :D

Mate don't get me started !

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Racing ] 2017 Formula 1 Season Aircon Today at 12:58
[ Ferrari ] Sandro Terzini and the Ferrari 250PF Aircon Today at 12:46
[ McLaren ] McLaren 720S 360c Today at 11:17
[ Cars ] Now who is a VERY HAPPY Lad :) Andy@MMRT Today at 10:19
[ Cars ] Spotted thread JPG Today at 09:58
[ Ferrari ] 488 GTB Aircon Today at 08:23
[ Lamborghini ] Huracan Performante shack Yesterday at 20:32
[ Funny Cool Stoopid ] it's funny cause i'm drunk!! AE-DC Yesterday at 14:53
[ Ferrari ] 812 Superfast allanuber Yesterday at 12:01