Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Interesting - I haven't been able to watch a youtube vid for a month or so, tonight I wanted to upload one and got annoyed enough to google...

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies-archive.cfm/1333800.html

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Don't know if its the same thing, but if I'm on wi-fi at home and try and go to youtube it automatically starts connecting to the 3 internet. So youtube content has to be part of you download cap.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

:doh:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1631938

Fell asleep while streaming video… $2000

User #102387   969 posts
Jayphen
Pixel pusher

I am an idiot, and this is of course my fault, but I am hoping to death that they give me a concession this one time as I've been with them for years & have never exceeded my limit or missed a payment.

I called them & the CSR said that I will have to wait until my bill is generated on the 7th before I can do anything about it.

They sent me an SMS while I was asleep saying that I was approaching my "agreed" credit limit, and then that I had reached it another 3 hours later (to the minute). I'm not sure what that credit limit is, but it doesn't seem very useful if it let me get to $2,000 before it kicked in.

I'm not really sure how to approach it when I call after the 7th as I don't really have any leverage – I am just going to hope that they are generous. Has anyone else out there been in this situation & had them waive the fee?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Another one - this one charged at $6,200 excess :eek:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/1652094

TL;DR - they let him off for $400.

Offline Paulstar

Happened to me before, 35$ for data to log in and transfer $100 between accounts  :scared:

Offline a.taylor

Its the international data roaming where things get really interesting. $70k+ in a month.. for basic business usage. I don't know how telco's anywhere can justify that??

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

Anyone else on Virgin/Optus? 

I've noticed my data usage hasn't changed for about a week, but I've been using it plenty, and there appears to be no other way to know how much you've used.

Really not keen to get another Virgin raping. :?

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

I've noticed my data usage hasn't changed for about a week, but I've been using it plenty, and there appears to be no other way to know how much you've used.

I'm not foreveralone:

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1797393

* Virgins Data Guessing Game

So it appears that once again you can't check your data usage using Virgins web portal. Nor can you get it by ringing customer service. Has been like this for me since the weekend. No data usage updates at all. Does not matter where I log in from (work, home etc ) or browser used (Safari, Firefox etc).

I know that even when it is working Optus does not bother to give Virgin real time data updates (except when it is costing Optus/Virgin money like those hitting there quota on prepaid) but it would be nice to have some idea.

Seriously I don't understand why you can't have the option to have your data shaped/stopped when you hit your limit. We really are treated badly as postpaid clients.

Have a friend who is also having this problem.

I've noticed that my data usage monitor is stuck at 8Mb... I know I've done more than this – my usual monthly usage is about 100Mb – however it doesn't seem to have changed from 8Mb in about 4 days now.

Offline Nobleambitions

• Back from the naughty corner.

Anyone else on Virgin/Optus? 

Really not keen to get another Virgin raping. :?
The Optus app that connected to my account was pathetic and always miscalculated or delayed information about my data usage, so I ended up downloading one of those 'data counter' type apps.

Its the international data roaming where things get really interesting. $70k+ in a month.. for basic business usage. I don't know how telco's anywhere can justify that??
$200k+ bill:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/mobile-shock-customer-floored-by-200000-bill-20111019-1m6tm.html

A higher than usual phone bill can leave anyone stunned. And when Celina Aarons got a jaw-dropper for more than $US200,000 ($195,417), it was no mistake.
...did not turn off his data roaming.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Missed this thread back in 09, just pissed myself reading ash's first post.

Your best work ever.