Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

looking at reducing some business overheads and one area which I think should be quite easy is my phone bills.

I received a quote for a Siemens Openscape LX phone system and Engin VOIP.  The pay back period will be about 18 months.

Does any one have any experience with this VOIP system, and those with VOIP, how do you rate the call quality and will you go VOIP again?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

looking at reducing some business overheads and one area which I think should be quite easy is my phone bills.

I received a quote for a Siemens Openscape LX phone system and Engin VOIP.  The pay back period will be about 18 months.

Does any one have any experience with this VOIP system, and those with VOIP, how do you rate the call quality and will you go VOIP again?

Yes, don't ask me for details but we use VOIP in our call centre and it saves us plenty.  You can talk to my IT guy if you need more info.

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Yes, don't ask me for details but we use VOIP in our call centre and it saves us plenty.  You can talk to my IT guy if you need more info.

do you mind PM'ing me or emailing me his details

Do you use it as your direct line and are you happy with the quality of call?

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

do you mind PM'ing me or emailing me his details

Do you use it as your direct line and are you happy with the quality of call?

When I said don't ask me for details, I mean't it! :)

I'll PM or email you his details.  He's on leave this week though.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au

No...unless you have good bandwidth!
We pulled it out of one of our offices completely.
We still have it in our call centre cause we are stuck on a contract.

Mobile calls are the killer. Most people these days want to be contacted on their mobiles.
So we purchased GSM gateways on ebay for about $60 each.
Placed each of them on an outgoing line.
We have a $45 unlimited call sim card in each outgoing line.
The staff make all outgoing calls to local, mobile and long distance on these lines.

Saved us a bomb!

Local calls on Voip are about $0.10   and not much difference on a good landline plan.
So in the call centre we ending putting in a cheapy phone system and GSM gateways as well as the voip system.
When we need to do a verbal contract over the phone and record the conversation, we call the customer on the VOIP system as it has a proper call centre recording facility.

Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

When I said don't ask me for details, I mean't it! :)

I'll PM or email you his details.  He's on leave this week though.

thanks for that

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

No...unless you have good bandwidth!
We pulled it out of one of our offices completely.
We still have it in our call centre cause we are stuck on a contract.

Mobile calls are the killer. Most people these days want to be contacted on their mobiles.
So we purchased GSM gateways on ebay for about $60 each.
Placed each of them on an outgoing line.
We have a $45 unlimited call sim card in each outgoing line.
The staff make all outgoing calls to local, mobile and long distance on these lines.

Saved us a bomb!

Local calls on Voip are about $0.10   and not much difference on a good landline plan.
So in the call centre we ending putting in a cheapy phone system and GSM gateways as well as the voip system.
When we need to do a verbal contract over the phone and record the conversation, we call the customer on the VOIP system as it has a proper call centre recording facility.

the quote included a naked DSL service to "guarantee call quality"

The unlimited call low cost sim card is a good idea, but I like to see my land line ID's come up on peoples phones.  Regardless of this, what type of phone system connects to the GSM gateway?

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
We have a new Panasonic in our offices.
Auto attendent...answers calls, dial 1,2,3 etc. message on hold ..etc.
Plus voice mail etc
Plus when we get a voice mail ..it sends an email with a wav file attachment  so we can listen to the voice mails on our smartphones.

Great for after hours support

We can also transfer and divert between interstate and local offices.

As far as i know any standard PABX or Key system will work. NEC/Commander, Omni, LG, Ericsson  etc.

How it works:-
Rather than wiring an  line into the MDF (Junction box to the exchange)  you wire in the GSM Gateway.
So when making a mobile call  the system automatically selects the required line...or you can manually select the required line.

You can also plug a standard desktop phone or cordless phone into these GSM gateways.
They have saved us a bomb.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GSM-Gateway-GSM-Module-900-1800-Fixed-Cellular-Terminal-Brand-New-/261041226929?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item3cc74504b1
Persistence Beats Resistance

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
We have a nationwide cisco system
Its probably overkill for what you need
It integrates with the cisco data switches to do quality of service and long distance calls are routed to the right state so they are a local call etc.
We already have free company to company mobiles so that's taken care of as well.

Advantage for us is the intelligent routing between call centres and forward to mobile, divert on busy, 13 and 1800 forwarding, menus etc.
Also its fully integrated with ms exchange so you can click to call, and when in a meeting it can set to busy etc.

Its not at all cheap and you need cisco applances to run it, ideally 2 for failover bcp.

Offline CortinaD

We have been using VOIP for 6 years using Cisco equipment over standard ADSL & Next G and its never been a problem using ilbc codec but it depends on how many calls you have flowing around. The problem with ADSL is unless you go for a private solution you cannot have end to end qos. I can understand why they are putting in a separate service for it as it will help but still you are trying to run a service over a contended medium.

A few years ago we went fibre and BDSL everywhere we could and ADSL everywhere else and then NextG for the dribs and drabs that couldn't get anything else. We have Telstras TIPT/SIP Connect product at most of the locations, and for those that don't have this, we toll bypass internally to leave from those locations that have SIP Connect. Staff have noticed the difference as we have bumped up the quality from ilbc to G711 because we have too much bandwidth now.

Telstra match the CID on the first 8 digits so you won't be able to set it to anything other than the numbers in your hundred number range.

I am more than happy to show you the various Cisco solutions we use and how we provision services and stuff and link the address books in with our active directory, toll bypass, etc etc.

Latest Discussions

BOARD TOPIC MEMBER POSTED
[ Racing ] Australian GT series JPG Today at 00:45
[ Off Topic ] Aussie Politics Fil-Ski Yesterday at 21:40
[ British Cars ] JAGUAR XJ220 andecorp Yesterday at 18:27
[ Electric Cars ] Tesla Model X 360c Yesterday at 14:56
[ Trains, Planes and Automobiles - General chat. ] Qantas - thought leadership E7ITE Yesterday at 13:25
[ McLaren ] McLaren BP23 bobbo Yesterday at 13:23