683 views

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.


Offline anotherforumuser

  • AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

  • Joined: Sep 2010

  • Drives: A red car.
  • Location: Downunder
http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/26109226/on-your-side-samsung-cell-phone-fire

A 13-year-old North Texas girl was awoken in the night by a smoldering cell phone on the other side of her pillow, but the cell phone manufacturer says she did something they warn users about. 

Ariel Tolfree loves using her Samsung Galaxy S4.

“It's really like, nice and pretty,” said Tolfree. “It's high tech.”

Every chance she gets, she texts her friends and gets on social media apps like Instagram and Twitter.

But during FOX 4’s visit with her, she had to borrow her dad's S3 phone, because her phone is burned so badly, it's barely recognizable.

”The whole phone melted,” said her dad, Thomas. “The plastic, the glass. You can't even really tell that it was a phone.”

Tolfree says her phone slipped under her pillow as she fell asleep, and the smell of something burning woke her up in the night.

#cont'd on the link.



Related Topics

  Subject / Started by Replies Last post
51 Replies
27412 Views
Last post Wed, 02 May, 2012 - 18:58
by Ferrari Fissatore
2 Replies
2208 Views
Last post Sun, 28 Feb, 2010 - 15:21
by hummel
0 Replies
2500 Views
Last post Sun, 05 Dec, 2010 - 12:44
by deangpsx8
5 Replies
2929 Views
Last post Tue, 12 Jun, 2012 - 11:44
by alvchua
55 Replies
13325 Views
Last post Wed, 30 Jan, 2013 - 17:53
by amgsl55


Latest Discussions