Offline dkabab

I've been using a netgear d6300 modem router for nearly 2 years without fault.

There are some new triband routers out now. Meant to be pretty good.
How many devices and range do you need?

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa

Yes, if you google Cisco Linksys dual band you'll find a few models to look at. Mine is an older, discontinued wag120n which has never given me a problem. Probably cost me around $70. Ive been through a few too many netgear modems, they always seem to be a pain.
i would never touch netgear stuff again. spent about $500 both on the router and extender and their tech support is shocking, sometimes they dont know what they saying! 3 out of 4 hangup the phone on me as i pointed out the silly stuff they were advising me do.

Offline F1V10

I've been using a netgear d6300 modem router for nearly 2 years without fault.

There are some new triband routers out now. Meant to be pretty good.
How many devices and range do you need?
2 in 2 months! lost faith . i connect about 6 to 8 devices but only run 2 or 3 at a time.
i need about 20 m range so i have no choice but add the extender.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

2 in 2 months! lost faith . i connect about 6 to 8 devices but only run 2 or 3 at a time.
i need about 20 m range so i have no choice but add the extender.

You shouldn't need an Extender for 20m. I run an N600, yes another Netgear. I had problems with the first one after 12 months, they just sent me a new one.

I can connect to it down my front gate which over a lot more that 20m away......

I'll ask the boffins at work.

Offline F1V10

You shouldn't need an Extender for 20m. I run an N600, yes another Netgear. I had problems with the first one after 12 months, they just sent me a new one.

I can connect to it down my front gate which over a lot more that 20m away......

I'll ask the boffins at work.
i have a smart tv in the bedroom and i dont get much reception.  maybe cos of brick house.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

i have a smart tv in the bedroom and i dont get much reception.  maybe cos of brick house.

That is most likely interference. The dunny in the ensuite at my house is the same, I can see that the phone is connected with full bars but if I try to open a webpage it just says can't find it. That's the only room in the house that does it. I haven't had an interference meter home to check it but I reckon that's what's causing it.

And don't look at me like that, I know you lot sit on the dunny looking at your phones.........

Offline F1V10

That is most likely interference. The dunny in the ensuite at my house is the same, I can see that the phone is connected with full bars but if I try to open a webpage it just says can't find it. That's the only room in the house that does it. I haven't had an interference meter home to check it but I reckon that's what's causing it.

And don't look at me like that, I know you lot sit on the dunny looking at your phones.........
LOL maybe but dont really use the word dunny.
after the support i got from them yesterday, goodbye Netgear.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

There is a great little App I have for the Android phone called Wifi Analyzer. It can be used to check the Wifi signal strengths around the house.

Put Asus on your no go list as well......

Billions are OK but I have heard people having issues connecting some TVs to them.

Offline F1V10

There is a great little App I have for the Android phone called Wifi Analyzer. It can be used to check the Wifi signal strengths around the house.

Put Asus on your no go list as well......

Billions are OK but I have heard people having issues connecting some TVs to them.
its annoying how you cant get a decent product for the price they are charging. never had anyissues with my netcomm old bomb but wanted an upgrade now it looks like i went backwards

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

its annoying how you cant get a decent product for the price they are charging. never had anyissues with my netcomm old bomb but wanted an upgrade now it looks like i went backwards

If you read PC World or any of the other IT publications, they normally recommend:
1: FRITZ!Box
2: Netgear
3: Billion

The FRITZ!Box is not cheap but a damn good product. Not sure what they do in the way of Extenders. May pay to do a little reading.......