Offline Race2Win

sorry, don't mean to offend anyone, but those pics surely did not inspire confidence...

Offline Paulstar

I don't think anyone would be offended, the onus is on him to prove that it's not a piece of junk especially after posting those run down looking pictures.

Offline LotusLee

• Drives: Lotus Esprit Turbo, Porsche 928 SE, 1948 GMC Pick-up, 1970 240Z
The 28k black auto NSX were on/off trying to sell it on AE. It appears to be a piece of junk looking at the pictures he posted here on AE with weeds growing out of the engine bay. Looks very dodgy and probably been sitting in the backyard for a long time.

I was actually going to Sydney when that car was first advertised (may have been on Gumtree from memory), I told him before I left Perth, that I wouldn't pay anymore than $25k for it, and that would be subject to making a decision following a thorough inspection, he said he would take $25k, then contacted me and said he had done something to it (can't remember what) so the price was then $30k, I said I would come and look at it anyway (more for curiosity by that point) but he never got back to me. Oh, and different people with different mobile numbers called me about the car.

I understand others have seen it and have said it was not worth looking at. Even if it was well below average, for that money, I'm sure someone would have taken the risk.

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
Are these cars really that hard to find??

Offline LotusLee

Are these cars really that hard to find??

Only when you want one and looking hard:)
Sorry, should have said when you want a good one, then harder if you want a manual, then harder still with low K's

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

I just looked on car sales.

There is 3 for sale 2 auto 1 manual.
What's the problem decide on transmission get a ppi and buy the thing.

Seems quite simple to me.

It am I missing something.

Offline LotusLee

I just looked on car sales.

There is 3 for sale 2 auto 1 manual.
What's the problem decide on transmission get a ppi and buy the thing.

Seems quite simple to me.

It am I missing something.

A manual with 250,000k's for $50k (you can pretty much find anything and buy it, if you're not fussy)

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club

Okay so it is a price thing.

Seller selling something perceived as rare so asking a premium.
Buyer saying Its not worth it. 

The same buyer will be coughing up the same line as the current seller at time of selling their NSX in the future.

Offline LotusLee

Okay so it is a price thing.

Seller selling something perceived as rare so asking a premium.
Buyer saying Its not worth it. 

The same buyer will be coughing up the same line as the current seller at time of selling their NSX in the future.

No, not what I am saying at all, you say how hard can it be when there's three on car sales, all I'm saying is, if you don't give a toss about colour, K's, transmission, price or anything at all, then yes, you could buy one of three for sale at the moment, but lets face it, most people have at least some requirements when buying a car, and with only three on the market currently (at least on carsales) depending on your requirements, yes, finding the "right" NSX can be difficult, its not like we are talking Commodores here, where you have a choice of thousands is it! :)

Offline Race2Win

No, not what I am saying at all, you say how hard can it be when there's three on car sales, all I'm saying is, if you don't give a toss about colour, K's, transmission, price or anything at all, then yes, you could buy one of three for sale at the moment, but lets face it, most people have at least some requirements when buying a car, and with only three on the market currently (at least on carsales) depending on your requirements, yes, finding the "right" NSX can be difficult, its not like we are talking Commodores here, where you have a choice of thousands is it! :)
+1