Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
This is more like your future 360c.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9o1CaekxUQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9o1CaekxUQ</a>

Well that was the plan; but I am not sure it is viable to go all electric just yet. I know Tesla has a 100kw battery option in the wind and I was waiting for that to be released in the Model X before I ordered one. I had never done a 100% battery charge before so curiosity got the better of me last week and I gave it a shot. Much to my disappointment 100% charge on my 85kw car gave an estimated range of only 388km, so real world maybe 320km or so. My ball park estimate of real world range on a 100kw battery is therefore about 380km. The supercharging network is years away from being extensive enough to give any confidence that you can get a recharge somewhere on a long trip in any direction. By the time it is, the Model 3 will be released and there will be far greater demand on Superchargers and increased wait times.
Experience tells me that I do several 400km plus trips a year so a fully electric household isn't an option yet. I can't justify keeping an ICE engined car like my Range Rover for those few occasions a year. So at this point I would have to say unlikely scenario :(

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Look out Saturday mornings with the Soccer Mums!!!!   :eek:

If my wife is anything to go by they would all be too scared to unleash the full potential of them. She still won't use the self drive feature which I use every time I drive the thing.

On the self drive technology I found this interesting, Tesla is downloading information from all the cars on a daily basis. They are apparently downloading one million miles A DAY of  "self drive" miles information. Makes a mockery of Google and their one million miles a year statistic that they use in their publicity.
This is why Tesla are able to come out with frequent software upgrades on their product that keeps them getting better and better in their operation.

Offline dkabab

She still won't use the self drive feature which I use every time I drive the thing.

You need to film some of those self drive pranks

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

The auto park is my favourite. I use it all the time.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Haven't thought to prank anyone recently.

I might have to rectify that :mischief:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I still haven't used that I must admit. I see that feature got a software update last week.

Offline Joel

I was impressed by this when I did my test drive!!

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter

How's it work...what's it do?
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

How's it work...what's it do?

As you drive past a parking space, the car measures it for length, and notifies you there's room. You touch a button on the screen and the car reverses into the park, positioning itself perfectly from the kerb and the other cars and then puts itself into Park.

Offline Joel

As you drive past a parking space, the car measures it for length, and notifies you there's room. You touch a button on the screen and the car reverses into the park, positioning itself perfectly from the kerb and the other cars and then puts itself into Park.

Perfect for woman who scuff rims!!