Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
one big difference is stamp duty and commercial property gives a relatively secure yield.

also, the opportunity to buy back your own property is unlikely to arise, whereas you can buy back the shares you sold.

With regards to property correction, here in SA we really don't get a drop in housing prices but rather they just flatline.  Commercial prices do soften a bit because there is no business or employment left in SA so commercial prices do weaken, and you may be waiting a very long time to find a tenant

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What Arthur said  :p

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
As I said all of the commercial property is business freehold or various properties that are strategically important to those businesses so the priority isn't purely their value at any given point of time. They literally took decades to accumulate and if I sold them to maximise the value in this economic cycle there is no guarantee that I would have the opportunity to buy them back. In fact I could guarantee that I couldn't buy them back because they have historically rarely ever come up for sale.

Now if I owned a commercial property that had no bearing on my cash cows, yes I would consider selling it to maximise the returns bearing in mind the very high transaction costs associated with property.

So I am agreeing with you in a kind of "F40/308 windscreen identical in a non-identical kind of way"  ;-)

Gotcha and lol
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Or I could be completely wrong, like that hasn't happened before. After all I've been very wrong about classic car prices pretty much forever :doh:

And the Tesla share price :) :) :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

u could have made 50% already bro :D

I know; but I just can't bring myself to put money into something that makes no commercial sense whatsoever. In Tesla land the maths seems to be 1 plus 1 = 1 billion. Just can't buy into that *shakes head*

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

• Drives: Murcielago
hmmm...I don't like this.  I'm not old enough to have seen a similar event horizon in the past, or was too young to care.  Maybe I'll delay my permanent return to Aus till after it sorts itself out.