Offline IExperiment

Yes you are right it's back up for sale again, they didn't wanna go to VCAT and their lawyer said I have nothing solid to fight them with, it has been 10months so far and I'm sure they aren't keen on the car depreciating more value.
The dispute will be settled very soon

Good luck hope it turn out well for you.

You can always screen shot AE might not count much but just in case you might find a judge that is a bit more compassion and honourable.

Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
A car dealer is a car dealer... I don't blame them for selling a car with a history, but I do blame them for not being upfront on something so obvious like this example.

Now knowing that Baker is working there, I'd definitely personally steer away from that place like the plague. Now seeing that he tried to pull the wool over a buyers eyes like this, just further reassures my grievances with that salesman years ago was completely justified.

I wonder how many others he has tried to completely rip off? He destroyed his reputation in Sydney and now it looks like he's doing the same thing in Melbourne, and still being caught out by customers...
Agreed, work is work
But have some self respect and pride in what you do.
Being caught out like this just makes you look bad as well as the firm you represent......
I was Interested in a car they had in stock..........was...........not keen after hearing about this scenario.
Wasted 2 flights to Melbourne already
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Sleepinglh

they ended up sending the car off to my finance company for repossession forcing me to take it as the new buyer ran away.
So.... noone wanted to buy it.
Booth leather bags were taken out of the car which had the tool bag, fuses, manual and log book etc.... Shaun Baker the the prick made it so its worthless for me to sell later on with no log book records.
This is condition of the car right now....
cracked front lip
cracked driver side mirror holder
torn rear clear plastic window(the soft clear window on found on the spider top)
mismatched color driver side door panel, rear panel and side skirt.
sticky vents behind the windshield
misaligned rear bumper
pretty much every button inside the car has worn out rubber coating and door handle with flaky paint.
and many many other paint problems
The car interior squeek and vibrate more than a 90s Toyota supra.
To be honest.... it feels like I am driving a tractor

IN PERFECT CONDITION he said

If you wanna buy a car... don't go near Shaun Baker or where ever he works.

Offline TomE

they ended up sending the car off to my finance company for repossession forcing me to take it as the new buyer ran away.
So.... noone wanted to buy it.
Booth leather bags were taken out of the car which had the tool bag, fuses, manual and log book etc.... Shaun Baker the the prick made it so its worthless for me to sell later on with no log book records.
This is condition of the car right now....
cracked front lip
cracked driver side mirror holder
torn rear clear plastic window(the soft clear window on found on the spider top)
mismatched color driver side door panel, rear panel and side skirt.
sticky vents behind the windshield
misaligned rear bumper
pretty much every button inside the car has worn out rubber coating and door handle with flaky paint.
and many many other paint problems
The car interior squeek and vibrate more than a 90s Toyota supra.
To be honest.... it feels like I am driving a tractor

IN PERFECT CONDITION he said

If you wanna buy a car... don't go near Shaun Baker or where ever he works.

So what are you going to do?
1) Sell it and take a $$$ hit
2) Fix it, try to love it and take a $$$ hit.
3) Sit it in the garage and be pissed off for then next 3 years?

Offline 355Aussie

I still don't understand why you didn't get a PPI on it before you bought it?

All these issues would have been obvious when you looked at the car before you bought it??

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Did you buy this from interstate and never see the car yourself?

Print a copy of the ad and tell them you want your copy of the history within 7 days or you will be reporting the pouches as stolen by the dealership and you're having the police inverstigate their theft.

If the car was serviced at factory dealerships they should be able to at least print out a service history.

Offline TomE

Offline JPG

Did I just see this car on the news in flames?

Na, that was a 360 up in flames. 430 here.

Offline sloppykaput

• Name: Joe
I think that was the ex "kingz" twin turbo QSC 360 that crashed into a bus a few years ago. It was then repainted yellow and thought to be the other car in  racing the Gallardo that crashed in Canberra on the way to a wedding. It was for sale a few months ago http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Ferrari-360-2003/SSE-AD-3879238/?Cr=16