Offline Alpine

I hope they actually get a race in as qualifying for the V8's are on at 5.10pm

no unfortunately

Offline SiFi

• Navigator/Serial Killer

The race was abandoned after a couple of laps due to the weather and the fact that all the cars had commenced on slicks following very changeable conditions, with the rain commencing on the warm up lap. Goober made the call to change to slicks and start from the pits on the warm up, with Team BRM making a stellar effort, having him off and running just as the flag was dropped. Several other cars spun on slicks, with a decision to red flag and abandon the race due to the conditions, and likely the time commitment for TV with the Top Ten shootout following on. As it is, there is still steady rain falling now with Whincup attempting his hot lap.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Looks shocking out there. Really slippery. I think they're doing the same speed as me when I did my lap!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver
  • I did not lie. I was strategically misinforming u

• Drives: no friend of the left
  • Name: Buddy Miles
Looks shocking out there. Really slippery. I think they're doing the same speed as me when I did my lap!

Conrod on slicks in the wet, came out of forest elbow thinking wtf, 1/4 down conrod at 95kph car decides to aquaplane towards wall, backed off and it straightened then the chase.....best call made was to cancel it
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Tiger

Not a good start for Goober, looks like it died? What was the problem?
Roll on summer

Offline TJB

Lowndes does it yet again

Full results:

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Not sure what happened, looks like input shaft or clutch.

Was it a good weekend, yes and no.

The place is daunting at best, the event very well done, Porsche do put on a great show. I suppose for what it's worth, I was physically sick before race 1 twice, race 2 I was sick once. Race 3 I was glad in a way it died on the line. After seeing Chas and Damian have offs it put the place in perspective and I came away unscathed.

In reality I was overwhelmed with the environment and driving back with Simon an epiphany occurred, things happen for a reason and basically I lost my nerve or in simple terms I'm scared. After knowing what Roger who is far superior in the talent stakes than myself I'm kidding myself and to come away driving back home beats coming back in a box. Even as I awoke this morning I was considering posting my licence back to CAMS and saying thanks.....its still on my mind. Maybe historic events are my speed in a controlled manner. If I was say 10 years younger then I would consider it, knowing that at least it's a bucket list ticked means more. At the end of the day it comes down to self preservation and I haven't the balls to do what others do without thinking about it.
My objective for the event was to beat Peter Brock's lap time in an A9X, which I did by 4 seconds, 2.16 isn't too bad considering I had zero idea what I was doing after starting out at 2.43. High pressure racing is for the young racers, I'm too old and way to scared to consider it. My thoughts currently are not to do the AMF this weekend, that may change in a couple of days.

To all who sent messages of support, thanks. To Simon for being there, thanks and Team BRM were great. I think doc is relieved that I've come to this decision without the need for medical intervention.
Meeting women on the Internet? Remember, the more similarities u “magically” have, & the more she agrees with u, the fucking crazier she is.

Offline Tiger

👍 it is a big balls place. See you at the weekend in a less stressful environment.
Roll on summer

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Good call BG. The truth is you probably have more to live for than some of the competition, or at least a better appreciation of the consequences of someone's error . I suspect that beyond a certain level, driver "skill" is possibly mixed in with "willingness to take risks", otherwise world champions would never die on the track. We are all relieved you got the taste you wanted but are smart enough to know where to leave it.

Offline goober

• AE's Tame Race Driver

Good call BG. The truth is you probably have more to live for than some of the competition, or at least a better appreciation of the consequences of someone's error . I suspect that beyond a certain level, driver "skill" is possibly mixed in with "willingness to take risks", otherwise world champions would never die on the track. We are all relieved you got the taste you wanted but are smart enough to know where to leave it.

hit nail head Mark, the wall at turn 7 on PI in the Lola was a wake up alarm I didn't listen to, this event was the wake up call and this time it rang loud and clear.

Never let ambitions get in the way of capabilities