Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
I booked a Tesla drive, we will call you ! When? We will let you know  :doh:

I am frustrated already, I can walk in any dealership and test drive whatever I like within minutes, I can't deal with Tesla's inefficiencies, I am way too inpatient for that  :p

You should be able to test drive a Model S anytime Fortis as they have demo vehicles on the ground.
The Model X is a different story as they had unspecified trouble getting ADR approval. The first vehicle was only registered late last week and test drives began on Monday of this week. In Melbourne they are booked solidly for the hour long test drives.
Once initial demand is satisfied test drives of Model X should be easy.

I would drive a Model S first anyway. The Model X feels almost identical from a driving perspective.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I booked a Tesla drive, we will call you ! When? We will let you know  :doh:

I am frustrated already, I can walk in any dealership and test drive whatever I like within minutes, I can't deal with Tesla's inefficiencies, I am way too inpatient for that  :p
Cos your in Hicksville QLD  :D. They dont have a dealership there yet. Working out of a shopping center :doh:.
I have a mobile number for Owen who does the deliveries, I have pm'd it to you. :thumbsup:

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Cos your in Hicksville QLD  :D. They dont have a dealership there yet. Working out of a shopping center :doh:.
I have a mobile number for Owen who does the deliveries, I have pm'd it to you. :thumbsup:

That is how Tesla operates in much of the world. When I first test drove a Model S in Melbourne there was no dealership and they were running out of the Marriott hotel in the CBD. I found it to be a painless experience. Book test drive on the website and turn up at the appointed time.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
That is how Tesla operates in much of the world. When I first test drove a Model S in Melbourne there was no dealership and they were running out of the Marriott hotel in the CBD. I found it to be a painless experience. Book test drive on the website and turn up at the appointed time.
Yes, I knew that. I was just rattling fortis' cage a bit for fun

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I think most Tesla buyers/potential buyers would have done extensive research beforehand and be aware of the "new age/clean sheet" approach Tesla has to everything involved in making and selling cars. Fortis isn't your typical buyer, hence the explanation. If you didn't know I can see why it would be frustrating.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Forgot to mention that all the Oz Model X's come with 2nd generation autopilot hardware. That's the good bit; but much to my surprise the autopilot doesn't function at all ATM until Tesla release the software in an update after field Beta testing is completed. So at this point your swanky new high tech toy doesn't have a functional autopilot system at all :(

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Another day, yet another price rise for Tesla Model X and Model S. This time it appears to be $20k and my incoming Model X would be $333k at the new price. A full Monty P100DL Model S with all the fruit is also $330k OTR which is a huge jump from the $207k that my full spec P85D cost nearly 2 years ago.

At these price levels I think they will struggle to move the top spec models.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

At these price levels I think they will struggle to move the top spec models.

Is that due to perhaps the subsidy being removed Scottski?  From my understanding the Tesla to date has been heavily(????)  subsidised by the US government??  The Trump affect?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Is that due to perhaps the subsidy being removed Scottski?  From my understanding the Tesla to date has been heavily(????)  subsidised by the US government??  The Trump affect?

Tesla EV's attract Government subsidies in just about every country EXCEPT  Australia Brettski. I was quoting local prices rather than US prices BTW. In Victoria we get reduced registration cost and that is it. For some reason in the ACT they get reduced stamp duty as well, nothing much in other states AFAIK.

The cars were supposed to get cheaper when the Gigafactory started churning out batteries; but that seems unlikely now. Perhaps Tesla is just trying to stem the flow of red ink in the books and build up some capital for the Model 3 production  :scratchchin:

Business will always price to the point of resistance and I think Tesla are well and truly there now.

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

:clap:

They finally emailed me, thank you for the contact. Like you guys said, phone or net booking then show up at some random location, hotel lobby or car park, sounds quite seedy.

The guy who came up with this sales strategy for Tesla must be the same guy who came up with the idea of selling speakers out of the back of vans, they seem to employ the same technique LOL.

I didn't have time this week, I will try next week.

As a side note I saw a X on the road, looked better than in the photos, it was driving along side one of those crappy Prados it was surprising to see that the X was actually bigger.