Offline Joel

You are 100% spot on.

My first exposure to Ferrari was back in the early 1970's and to describe them as rare as hens teeth would be a massive understatement. The Australian importer and dealer,  W.H. Lowe operated out of a tiny showroom in Box Hill and Ferrari had just released its first "volume" production car, the 246 Dino. At that stage there would have been less than 100 Ferraris of all types in Australia and each one was quite unique. Consequently to see one out in the wild was an extremely rare event. If you saw one parked you would pull over to go and check it out as you would be unlikely to see another for a very long while. As a young kid at the time who was massively into cars, the sense of awe and excitement is difficult to convey. Contrast that to today where there are something like 3000 Ferraris (maybe more?) in Australia and you can see them on a daily basis in many suburbs. Hell if you live in Toorak/Double Bay etc your neighbour probably has a carbon copy of your car in their garage. In other words, not the least bit remarkable and it takes something like a La Ferrari before it becomes remotely special.

It's a different world today no doubt about it.

Such an old man Scott  :hyper:

Being a young kid in the 90's and the rare occasion my parents would drive down William St and seeing the Ferrari dealership was like Christmas.
I remember seeing a black VT diablo and made my dad follow him even tho it was completely opposite direction.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Weird, you almost never go to those things. I wonder if they got the FCA membership list?

I got an invite too, so that must be the case.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
I couldn't post that video. His voice has become like fingernails down a blackboard to me. I tried to watch and lasted about 10 seconds.

I would sit in a room for a week watching his vids on repeat rather than watching one of Avomans vids!
May the Horse be with you....

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
I would sit in a room for a week watching his vids on repeat rather than watching one of Avomans vids!

A point well made!
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline JBO

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1YcwlmFEy8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1YcwlmFEy8</a>
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Ok.... I'm getting bored with the 812 reviews now. Harris' review wasn't  that good, really.
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Ok.... I'm getting bored with the 812 reviews now. Harris' review wasn't  that good, really.

It's a big GT car. It's hard to make it look as exciting as his usual fare.

Offline JBO

It's a big GT car. It's hard to make it look as exciting as his usual fare.

Interesting comment at the end about ride quality on the road, or lack thereof...

Offline E7ITE

A mate here is trading his speciale for an 812 in order to qualify for future limited editions. 

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

A mate here is trading his speciale for an 812 in order to qualify for future limited editions.

I would not do that IMO