Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Well this topic has been an interesting read start to finish...

But on the car, they're not really leaving too much of a gap between the Huracan and it's V12 big sister.  I know the Aventador is getting on in years, but if all the hype is real and it's really that good, then there's not really a capability gap between the 2 cars worth 300k if you're in the market for a bull.

Unless you think that V10's are for pussies and the only real Lamborghini has a V12...

The existing Huracan is already better than the Aventador in many ways but the Aventador won't ever be upstaged by a car whose doors don't go up.  :p

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

• Drives: Murcielago
The existing Huracan is already better than the Aventador in many ways but the Aventador won't ever be upstaged by a car whose doors don't go up.  :p

The most relevant statement in this thread. 

I'll go one further saying that the Murci will never be upstaged by a car with an auto box.  No matter how fast it is. 

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

The most relevant statement in this thread. 

I'll go one further saying that the Murci will never be upstaged by a car with an auto box.  No matter how fast it is.
for me, Aven SV makes a Murci SV look very old.

Offline Andy@MMRT

• Dodging Coconuts

• Drives: Murcielago

It does.

But I like old.  Can't really explain it.  The 90's and early 2000's styling does something for me. 

Sure I appreciate the current styling, but can't explain it,  I think I came into my love of cars in this era, now I can afford them, I think that's driving it.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

Same here. I saw a yellow Murci in traffic yesterday and that was my first thought.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

It does.

But I like old.  Can't really explain it.  The 90's and early 2000's styling does something for me. 

Sure I appreciate the current styling, but can't explain it,  I think I came into my love of cars in this era, now I can afford them, I think that's driving it.

The phenomenon is known as 'Generational car collecting" and is a major driver in appreciation and ultimately the collapse of collector car prices in a particular era.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

The phenomenon is known as 'Generational car collecting" and is a major driver in appreciation and ultimately the collapse of collector car prices in a particular era.
That is so true.  When should I sell the 308. ;)

I always said I'd never sell it, but surprisingly I said to Judy the other day I'll sell the 308 before the Argo.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

That is so true.  When should I sell the 308. ;)

I always said I'd never sell it, but surprisingly I said to Judy the other day I'll sell the 308 before the Argo.

I wouldn't; but there ya go. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

I wouldn't; but there ya go. Different strokes for different folks as they say.

+308

I wouldn't sell it. If you don't need to sell it hang on to it.

Offline Condor Man

• Is it a Bird?? Well, sort of, Yes.... 300kph+ club
  • Plastic Surgeon

• Drives: A car
It's epic. I've resisted buying new cars as there's been so much interesting older stuff around. The H spyder is a genuine daily driver that is plenty fast and angry enough when you want to go quick. 'Normal'cars wouldn't see which way it went and I don't think it'll be embarrassed in supercar company.

The auto shifts are very, very good as well - the understeer from reviews is largely BS, and the big V10 wails. Off throttle over-run scares children and ladies who are taking pictures   :)

Fark Al.

I had no idea.

A big congratulations!

You are the man!
May the Horse be with you....