Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

You gotta be shitting me ... $120 for breakfast!!

I'm sorry, I think they've lost the plot on this one. They're trying to turn a casual event into a money machine.  I'm definitely not going for that.  All the other events Machines and Machiattos etc, seem to manage with a $5 donation or a $10 fee at most.

Sorry, but maybe I'm just a grumpy old man ... but I don't get it.

I'm not paying for someone else to get benefit from showing off my car ... fucking insane.  Plus I hate driving into the city.  I'd rather pay $120 for the Bullrush Rally Drive Days without the audience.

Is it just me ... or have these guys lost the plot?

for $120 we should all have a get together somewhere for a weekend, money goes to booze and BBQ and mondi can bring the gimp

Offline Brenton

• 300kph+ club
  • DJ's like a mad ...........

• Drives: Yes
for $120 we should all have a get together somewhere for a weekend, money goes to booze and BBQ and mondi can bring the gimp

you know like a stake and shooting night  :thumbsup:

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al
What's the pay/plan?  Breakfast/coffee included?  What's the kickoff time?

Is confuse.

Site says $120 to display your car. Good for the fellows running this, but I'm not paying to be an attraction (as you guys know, my attractiveness usually has people tucking 5'ers into my mankini anyway).

That being said, a few guys on here have had invitations to display, which I'm guessing means you get a spot for free. I'm guessing as I haven't followed up ... but maybe others on here can confirm?
C'mon, do it!

Offline mbedford

• nickname 'Beddo'

• Drives: Lotus & Audi RS4
Its $120 for 2 breakfasts and to put your car on display for the public as no cruise part is included unlike the last cars & coffee event.

The breakfast better be good!! The event  better be impecibly run and fun. Otherwise these numbers were paying won't stack up, and next time these guys try to do another one,  all the forums will bad mouth the event.

Anyway let's see how it goes.
Kind Regards

2015 Daytona Blue Elise S CR
2007 Sprint Blue Audi RS4 Avant
2007 Black Exige S (now happily owned in Melbourne)
2007 Polar Blue Elise R (RIP) (modded at the time to around 280bhp)

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Its $120 for 2 breakfasts and to put your car on display for the public as no cruise part is included unlike the last cars & coffee event.

The breakfast better be good!! The event  better be impecibly run and fun. Otherwise these numbers were paying won't stack up, and next time these guys try to do another one,  all the forums will bad mouth the event.

Anyway let's see how it goes.
rock up in the best car, park just outside the zone where you have to pay which is ridiculous, and watch the punters come to you.

Pay to display your car? What a joke.

Does the landlord collect rent off the punks charging the fee?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
rock up in the best car, park just outside the zone where you have to pay which is ridiculous, and watch the punters come to you.

Pay to display your car? What a joke.

Does the landlord collect rent off the punks charging the fee?

I wonder if the event organisers have the applicable permits from the local council?  Public liability insurance?  Running a public event for profit is different ball game to a bunch of mates meeting in a public car park.

:scratchchin:

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Is confuse.

Site says $120 to display your car. Good for the fellows running this, but I'm not paying to be an attraction (as you guys know, my attractiveness usually has people tucking 5'ers into my mankini anyway).

That being said, a few guys on here have had invitations to display, which I'm guessing means you get a spot for free. I'm guessing as I haven't followed up ... but maybe others on here can confirm?
I received the invite, NOT free mate they keep sending me emails to remind me to pay, I'm not paying $120 to display my car & have breakfast, most people will probably turn up on their own so pay $120 for one breakfast.

Did you get to have a spirited drive at the Bullrush last weekend or was it just a stroll in company?

I reckon that early morning spirited drive perhaps Sunday week, oops that's Mothers Day, how's the 21st?
Keep Smiling

Offline Joel

I received the invite, NOT free mate they keep sending me emails to remind me to pay, I'm not paying $120 to display my car & have breakfast, most people will probably turn up on their own so pay $120 for one breakfast.

Did you get to have a spirited drive at the Bullrush last weekend or was it just a stroll in company?

I reckon that early morning spirited drive perhaps Sunday week, oops that's Mothers Day, how's the 21st?

Early Sunday drive this weekend?

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

Early Sunday drive this weekend?
Sorry Joel this weekend can't work for me, Saturdays are school football & Sunday we're doing other things  :)
Keep Smiling

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Hi mate, Bullrush was good - first one for me so was getting the lay of the land. The 'front' group was spirited, the 'middle' group more leisurely and then there was a tail of cars just pootling along at the back.

Sounds like no-one's doing Cars and Coffee... easy  :)

Run whenever a weekend frees up sounds like gold. Maybe we should even go crazy and lock out a weekday morning and avoid all the cyclists etc?
C'mon, do it!