Offline ferrarista2

• Drives: Slowly
So I asked for some pictures of the damage and was sent this reply!
I hope they black wall the tyres on all 4 wheels.

Morning,

Thank you for your enquiry, the vehicle is currently being detailed we
expect photos to be done next week.

Thank you

Kind Regards,

Manheim Perth
Errr....huh??
Everything looks better in carbon fibre

Offline Tiger

Errr....huh??

That’s how special Ferrari’s are they get attention even when they are trashed.
Roll on summer

Offline schmik325

WOVR  Repairable Write-off. Can't register it in NSW though.

Yes it can as long as it passes an inspection and is rego'ed in WA/Vic/QLd first. Maybe subject to a secondary inspection in NSW should it go there but can end up there registered.

If it was crashed in NSW it would be a Stat write off and impossible to register.

Offline Tiger

Yes it can as long as it passes an inspection and is rego'ed in WA/Vic/QLd first. Maybe subject to a secondary inspection in NSW should it go there but can end up there registered.

If it was crashed in NSW it would be a Stat write off and impossible to register.

Do you have any docs to back this up? My understanding is that if a vehicle is on the hit list WOVR after the date it was made law in NSW a few years ago it can't be registered in that state regardless of where it was repaired.
Roll on summer

Offline Tiger

Pictures are now up; it’s got a lot of damage. No owner’s brief case but it will still go for over $100K  :doh:
Interesting to see that the sills are made of glass not carbon! I'll have a go anyway worth $60K as a self keeper.
It would be very hard to sell as a fixer.

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/4243160/2008-ferrari-f430-scuderia-coup%C3%A9-2d-coupe?referringPage=SearchResults
Roll on summer

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

Pictures are now up; it’s got a lot of damage. No owner’s brief case but it will still go for over $100K  :doh:
Interesting to see that the sills are made of glass not carbon! I'll have a go anyway worth $60K as a self keeper.

http://www.manheim.com.au/damaged-vehicles/4243160/2008-ferrari-f430-scuderia-coup%C3%A9-2d-coupe?referringPage=SearchResults

At least they did a good job in detailing it. ;)

Offline Tiger

At least they did a good job in detailing it. ;)

I think Fowles did a good job of detailing it  :D
Roll on summer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

Carbon Fibre sills were an option only. Something like $15k retail as I recall.

A quick glance at those photos tells me the only good thing left in that car is the drivetrain and interior. It would need a new shell plus a gazillion other bits and pieces. On the plus side it has a NOVITEC supercharger kit fitted to it. Good for 650hp or so if memory serves me correctly.

I don't get the fascination with totalled Ferraris myself. They are totalled for a reason :)

Offline Ben

would have thought the airbags would have gone off with an impact like that

Offline Tiger

Carbon Fibre sills were an option only. Something like $15k retail as I recall.

A quick glance at those photos tells me the only good thing left in that car is the drivetrain and interior. It would need a new shell plus a gazillion other bits and pieces. On the plus side it has a NOVITEC supercharger kit fitted to it. Good for 650hp or so if memory serves me correctly.

I don't get the fascination with totalled Ferraris myself. They are totalled for a reason :)

Ahh you spotted that, buying into a nightmare! Wonder if the insurance knew about that when it was paid out? No oil in engine also, that could be the reason the driver lost control in the first place.
Roll on summer