Offline dkabab

It's one of my fav cars, always thought silver is awesome but I have changed my opinion.
At $2m i don't think we will see one in aus.

well, they had an australian flag flying today.... either for me or for an australian customer who must be visiting

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
It's one of my fav cars, always thought silver is awesome but I have changed my opinion.

I have a mate who purchased a One-77 here in Aus, so its not unthinkable for someone to be interested in something so exclusive locally.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I have a mate who purchased a One-77 here in Aus, so its not unthinkable for someone to be interested in something so exclusive locally.

Did Aston Martin get the One-77's legal here or did the owners import them and do that themselves? That's normally the part that puts people off. Not impossible some of the time but most people would rather buy something else than go through the hassle.

Offline fivesix

thanks for the share dave.

on a side note, did the zagato ever make it to australia?

Offline E7ITE

Is the only Zonda in Australia still officially for sale somewhere?

Offline tdc911

Personally if I was in the market for the Huayra, I would want to take a look at SGC 003 first, as JG has confirmed that it can be manufactured in RHD.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Is the only Zonda in Australia still officially for sale somewhere?

Everything's for sale. The owner told me a year ago he would consider an offer but he isn't desperate to sell so the offer would need to be high. (My words, not his).

I lost interest when it couldn't beat a Golf in a 1km drag in the Snowies. :)

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Personally if I was in the market for the Huayra, I would want to take a look at SGC 003 first, as JG has confirmed that it can be manufactured in RHD.

I would take the established manufacturer every single time. History is littered with failures in the Automotive industry.

Offline tdc911

I would take the established manufacturer every single time. History is littered with failures in the Automotive industry.

Given, that I would take the 918, P1 or La Ferrari over the Huayra, (hypothetically) I would be content to take a bit of a gamble on the next supercar in the stable. Anyway, the way I see it the Huayra is only the second car manufactured by Pagani and I would just like to see what the SGC003 brings to the table.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
Given, that I would take the 918, P1 or La Ferrari over the Huayra, (hypothetically) I would be content to take a bit of a gamble on the next supercar in the stable. Anyway, the way I see it the Huayra is only the second car manufactured by Pagani and I would just like to see what the SGC003 brings to the table.

I think Pagaini have enough runs on the board to not be a risky buy now. Indeed the resale values of the earlier examples have shown them to be appreciating assets by and large.

I am also interested to see what Napolis can do, and I am sure it doesn't hurt that he is a multi billionaire that can probably support such a capital intensive endeavour. As a mere mortal car punter I wouldn't be prepared to risk the likely resale scenario by buying one myself. Koenigsawhatisname is a good example of the downside of buying anything outside the established players. He is also a
multi billionaire who can afford to play car manufacturer; but the product has terrible resale value.