Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
There are 4000 components in your average engine and drive-train in a NA/Turbo car - There are 400 in a Telsa. In addition if you consider how many other components are not required using VW as an example is not a comparison.

We have a difference of opinion on whether Tesla is a tech stock yes it can scake like one and has already. It certainly thinks and moves like one compared to the rest of the auto industry.

Anyway like I always say - it does not matter as we will find out soon enough

Debating this with you is more fun than your average sport  :D

The drivetrain in a Tesla is indeed very simple compared to an ICE car, however the rest of the car is every bit as complicated as any comparable ice CAR.  There is no way in hell Tesla can scale like a tech company, the CAPEX required is mind boggling and the numbers just don't stack up.

Mind you, as an owner of not one; but two very expensive Tesla cars I want them to succeed more than you do. I just wouldn't invest in their shares :p

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Debating this with you is more fun than your average sport  :D

The drivetrain in a Tesla is indeed very simple compared to an ICE car, however the rest of the car is every bit as complicated as any comparable ice CAR.  There is no way in hell Tesla can scale like a tech company, the CAPEX required is mind boggling and the numbers just don't stack up.

Mind you, as an owner of not one; but two very expensive Tesla cars I want them to succeed more than you do. I just wouldn't invest in their shares :p

Yes the debate is fun and unlike politics (which is an exercise in futility - especially if you are a leftard :D ) we will know the answer pretty quickly. Again I totally disagree on the complexity issue. The mere fact that it has 10% of the components means its less complex. If you are talking the software, autonomous driving etc then yes its complex but as a TECH COMPANY :) they can do it better than any "old" car company.

I also dont understand mate - you have spent a truck load on their products, obviously like the products and yet you wont spend a few $'s on the stock ?? You could have paid for the paint on the 812 by now :)

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Drove past a gaggle of these in Sydney today. The white leather looks striking with the rear door up - even at 60kph from across the road   :)
C'mon, do it!

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

OK 360c - what argument do you have now :D

(BZ Newswire) -- Ben Kallo of Baird maintained an Outperform rating on Tesla Inc (NASDAQ: TSLA)'s stock with a $366 price target ahead of the company's first quarter delivery announcement, which is expected Monday. Tesla has already guided to deliver 47,000 to 50,000 Model S and X units in the first half of 2017, and Kallo believes Tesla can achieve this if its Q1 deliveries come in above 20,000 units. The analyst believes the bulk of focus for investors moving forward won't be its delivery guidance, but rather updates and progress on the Model 3 car, the Gigafactory ramp and future solar roof products. Kallo expects Tesla to host a Model 3 event before July, which will provide more details and specifications on the car. The potential of the event alone should support Tesla's stock and help boost it new all-time highs. Confidence Moving Forward Kallo briefly commented on Tencent Holdings' recent investment in Tesla, which he said should be seen as a "vote of confidence" for the company, adding that the investment may also demonstrate Tesla's ability to execute on its production ramp, new product announcements and overall brand value. Finally, Kallo highlighted six factors which bode well for investor confidence moving forward: Continued production ramp Expansion of gross margins Updates on the Gigafactory The beginning stages of Model 3 production Ramp of Tesla Energy Potential introduction of new products

I under-estimate the share price :)

and YES its a TECH Company :D

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Tesla share price is now greater than Fords 😳

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

Tesla share price is now greater than Fords 😳

Not exactly.................  Tesla market cap is now more than Ford (which has a hundred year+ history and actually makes a profit)