Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
my dad uses these ones... seems to work, you only see them if you look for them

Last time I had a check up (3 yrs ago) these were not strong enough for my issue.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline cjay

I've had hearing aids 10 years now, I keep waiting for them to break so I have an excuse not to wear them ;) They are tough little suckers, I have run them through the washing machine 3 times and they just keep on going :)

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
I bought a resound, it's tiny, behind the ear, battery lasts 3-4 days, pairs with iphone & watch so I no longer miss calls in the factory, I can hear in groups again, it automatically changes settings based on location i.e. You save restaurants etc and it just changes itself to suit. I can honestly say, no one has ever mentioned noticing it unless hearing aids were the topic of discussion.
If I forget to put it on, my ear feels dead, I didn't realize what I was missing till I bought it.
For bonus point, it's an instant ear plug if the wife or kids won't shut up, just 1 tsp & turn it off
Yet another of the "wish I'd done it sooner" list 😉

Offline psw

• Keep smiling

I bought a resound, it's tiny, behind the ear, battery lasts 3-4 days, pairs with iphone & watch so I no longer miss calls in the factory, I can hear in groups again, it automatically changes settings based on location i.e. You save restaurants etc and it just changes itself to suit. I can honestly say, no one has ever mentioned noticing it unless hearing aids were the topic of discussion.
If I forget to put it on, my ear feels dead, I didn't realize what I was missing till I bought it.
For bonus point, it's an instant ear plug if the wife or kids won't shut up, just 1 tsp & turn it off
Thanks for the resounding confirmation of the positive side, have you only got one or each ear?

Did you look at IIC 'invisible in canal' or just go straight for RITE 'receiver in the ear' with unit behind the ear type. I was really in two mind about the RITE, they do have the added functions like the blue tooth & iPhone connectivity which do sound great.

If they can fit the IIC into my canals I get to trial them for a month, if I don't like that type I can then change to the RITE type, which I was very tempted to just go straight to, given the added functions.
Keep Smiling

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
That's what I have. I am just too self concious to wear it, especially since I cut my hair to #1.5 on the sides.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Can you get one that looks like a Bluetooth phone ear piece?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

I sure didn't notice it until you pointed it out.

Offline 916senna

• 300kph+ club

• Drives: Remote controlled battery powered toy
Thanks for the resounding confirmation of the positive side, have you only got one or each ear?

Did you look at IIC 'invisible in canal' or just go straight for RITE 'receiver in the ear' with unit behind the ear type. I was really in two mind about the RITE, they do have the added functions like the blue tooth & iPhone connectivity which do sound great.

If they can fit the IIC into my canals I get to trial them for a month, if I don't like that type I can then change to the RITE type, which I was very tempted to just go straight to, given the added functions.
They said the in ear canal were not suited for my level of loss, and i wanted the bluetooth features anyway. I have lost a significat level of hi frequency, so only hear a clipped version of whats said. More one ear than the other. The higher the pitch, the less i hear. Women in particular were a problem. But lots of background noise was the worst, i couldnt understand aything.
I bought the tiny version of the behind ear, i think its the linx2 9. The bit thats in your ear is a tiny speaker, and it has a very thin wire to the behind ear part. If you tuck it in right, its virtually invisible. For the moment its only one, but i suspect in time it will be 2.

Ande :) you need to man up and stop giving a stuff about what anyone else thinks.