Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Check out this video http://player.vimeo.com/video/61821553?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=9086c0

Also the screenshot of the latest features. My mate said that he was on the freeway when the car asked him to contact Tesla. So he contacts them and they did a reboot while he was driving!!!. Crazy stuff.

BTW: I am sure in Oz you will get fines for touching the screen. IMO its probably worse than a phone due to all the features and the screen size.

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Check out this video http://player.vimeo.com/video/61821553?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=9086c0

Also the screenshot of the latest features. My mate said that he was on the freeway when the car asked him to contact Tesla. So he contacts them and they did a reboot while he was driving!!!. Crazy stuff.

BTW: I am sure in Oz you will get fines for touching the screen. IMO its probably worse than a phone due to all the features and the screen size.

Loving it!
I love my car. Buy your own

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Saw a Black S on Exhibition St this week. Nice car!

There was a Red one doing laps earlier this week. I think these are the Promo cars????

Offline Joel

My only concern with these sorts of updates is something like my iPhone where it has an update and all of a sudden it goes black and wigs out. If I'm on a call it gets disconnected no big deal, if i am driving a car and this happens then we are in trouble.

I think the concept is great and it is the way the future is moving towards I just have a couple of concerns.

Offline a.taylor

My only concern with these sorts of updates is something like my iPhone where it has an update and all of a sudden it goes black and wigs out. If I'm on a call it gets disconnected no big deal, if i am driving a car and this happens then we are in trouble.

I think the concept is great and it is the way the future is moving towards I just have a couple of concerns.

Not certain on the actual architecture of the Tesla software/hardware but I would expect that the dashboard + touch screen is quite independent from critical vehicle control hardware and software. If your big ass tablet crashed due to an update as you were driving the car should still function as a car.

Offline shack

• 300kph+ club
  • I am not here .....

Not certain on the actual architecture of the Tesla software/hardware but I would expect that the dashboard + touch screen is quite independent from critical vehicle control hardware and software. If your big ass tablet crashed due to an update as you were driving the car should still function as a car.

I would not be so sure. You would say the same thing about critical infrastructure but its still vulnerable

Offline a.taylor

Yes, certainly always the possibility for things to go wrong, they are connected at the end of the day. Was really just trying to make the point that the touch screen system crashing after a live update would not automatically render the driving systems inoperable. It would have to be a specific failure with the system which sent harmfully instructions out to the rest of the car.

I would certainly agree that doing this whilst driving is an unnecessary risk. Queuing it up to happen next time the driver leaves the car would be a much better option.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Over on the Tesla forum I read that the buyers of the already-built first Signature cars (which are now overdue) have been offered a spec upgrade which includes lane drift warning and a couple of other things now coming as standard. Australia will hopefully get cars from November. I'm still expecting mine early 2015. I've already received my wall charger.