Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The Mods might like to hive off the racing F40 stuff into it's own thread ? This got a little further side tracked than usual and doesn't really fit in the "Spotted" thread. Sorry  :(

keep getting side tracked :D

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully
keep getting side tracked :D

Might be it for tonight, I've still got work to do :(

Offline Joel

The Mods might like to hive off the racing F40 stuff into it's own thread ? This got a little further side tracked than usual and doesn't really fit in the "Spotted" thread. Sorry  :(

The last 2 pages have actually had some decent content in it.
I think you should have your own section Scott, that way you can mesmerise us all with your scanning ability.
I would love to see all the stuff you could dig up if you every moved house!!

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

The last 2 pages have actually had some decent content in it.
I think you should have your own section Scott, that way you can mesmerise us all with your scanning ability.
I would love to see all the stuff you could dig up if you every moved house!!

Thanks Joel :)

Digital era stuff is easy enough, albeit time consuming to compose something worth reading. I have literally thousands of photos saved on my computer.

Pre Digital stuff is a PITA because of all the scanning.  I have probably twice as many photos in boxes and boxes stashed in cupboards all over the house. Then there are the hundreds of magazines. Being a passionate anal retentive anorak takes up a lot of room  *sigh*

Discounting a break with Uni I have only lived in 2 houses over the last 35 years. When we moved 8yrs ago it took us
6 months and we chucked out 3 skips of crap :eek:

I dread the thought of moving again. The more space you have, the more stuff you accumulate!

Offline futurism

• Drives: Regretfully sold my GT3
  • Name: David
I hope by 'saved on your computer' you mean saved on your computer, plus saved somewhere else offsite, plus maybe in a cloud somewhere.

I constantly get blamed by people I barely even know because at some stage I told them xyz computer they asked me indirectly about was 'as good as any' then 6 years later the hdd fails and they lose their lifes work and its all my fault.

And offsite is important, the person I told to stick stuff on a usb drive and keep at his mothers house in addition to keeping it on his computer didnt listen. He left it plugged into his computer at home, and the person who robbed him took both.
That was my fault too.

Never trust a cloud provider to not disappear either, its already started happening, one even had their assets bought by someone who then held users to ransom to re access their own data.

Thats my rant for today

Offline Steve.

• Drives: AMG.
  • Name: Steve
White Vanquish heading east on Greenhill this afternoon. Looked awesome. No photos :(

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

Thanks Joel :)

Digital era stuff is easy enough, albeit time consuming to compose something worth reading. I have literally thousands of photos saved on my computer.

Ever thought about putting together a coffee table book?

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

I hope by 'saved on your computer' you mean saved on your computer, plus saved somewhere else offsite, plus maybe in a cloud somewhere.

I constantly get blamed by people I barely even know because at some stage I told them xyz computer they asked me indirectly about was 'as good as any' then 6 years later the hdd fails and they lose their lifes work and its all my fault.

And offsite is important, the person I told to stick stuff on a usb drive and keep at his mothers house in addition to keeping it on his computer didnt listen. He left it plugged into his computer at home, and the person who robbed him took both.
That was my fault too.

Never trust a cloud provider to not disappear either, its already started happening, one even had their assets bought by someone who then held users to ransom to re access their own data.

Thats my rant for today

Not saved to the cloud anywhere; but the computer ain't going anywhere as the building it is in has more security than your average bank. After 30 years and dozens of break ins I know how they think and security has been upgraded any time they managed to get in. We haven't had a successful break in in the last 10years.
The computer is automatically backed up to a seperate hard drive every night.

On top of all that, I never delete photos from a card, I just buy another one and keep the card with the original images intact on it.
If it's a scan of a print or negative, I obviously have the originals as well.

I also buy a new computer every 2 years or so.
I think that's enough bases covered :)

Offline Fil-Ski

• Name: Scuderia
Not saved to the cloud anywhere; but the computer ain't going anywhere as the building it is in has more security than your average bank. After 30 years and dozens of break ins I know how they think and security has been upgraded any time they managed to get in. We haven't had a successful break in in the last 10years.
The computer is automatically backed up to a seperate hard drive every night.

On top of all that, I never delete photos from a card, I just buy another one and keep the card with the original images intact on it.
If it's a scan of a print or negative, I obviously have the originals as well.

I also buy a new computer every 2 years or so.
I think that's enough bases covered :)

DropBox/S3 or Box. I wouldn't risk it.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

DropBox/S3 or Box. I wouldn't risk it.

I'm not that much of a tech geek. If I lost them all on the computer for whatever reason it would be a PITA; but not irreplaceable.

In fact most of them are on other computers at a different location as well.