Offline dkabab

Do emissions targets for cars take into account an electric mode? for example the 918 or laferrari having high performance N/A engines mixed with electric motors. does the electric engine make it an eco vehicle?

we all can see the end of v12 engines as turbos are introduced to meet emissions, but if an electric motor is included... this might save the day.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Do emissions targets for cars take into account an electric mode? for example the 918 or laferrari having high performance N/A engines mixed with electric motors. does the electric engine make it an eco vehicle?

Hell yes. The 918 has zero road tax and the London congestion charge exemption thanks to less than 75g emissions. The car gets incredible economy in the city.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

Wow - it wasn't that many years ago that anyone even mentioning the prius or hybrids in general or even electric cars would have been banned from AE!!!! 

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
Wow - it wasn't that many years ago that anyone even mentioning the Poofter Car or hybrids in general or even electric cars would have been banned from AE!!!!

and as you know, I've been talking about their virtues for years. I knew you'd all agree with me eventually :)

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline dkabab

Id prefer just petrol alone, but you can't argue with the benefits of a hybrid providing "torque fill" where the petrol engines fail.

While following MHH in his green machine the other night listening to the blips and splutters of the v12 on downshifts... I thought to myself one day this won't exist and that will be sad.