Offline Tiger

Thanks Jon, I replaced the whole fleet at once :p

Definitely the last car purchase for a while.

Lol famous last words....
Roll on summer

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Normally you would be correct. One drive was enough to realise that the Tesla is true "disrupter technology" for the car industry and it is here to stay. It really is that good :)

I wish it came in a package that suited me (like a small hatchback), as I really love the idea of a high performance EV.

the beauty of them above and beyond the obvious performance, running costs etc, is the lack of servicing. An electric motor wont need anywhere near the amount of dealer gouging that an internal combustion engine needs.

Offline F1V10

• Drives: V10 M5
  • Name: Mr HaHa

It took about 30 mins actually, the length of the test drive :p

I drove it again with the wife on the Monday we got back from Tassie, still as awesome as the first time. My wife is so anti-cars it isn't funny; but she hasn't stopped raving to her friends about it since :p

I still wouldn't have it in a supercar though, that remains a pure petrol head experience for me.
Congrats Scott. Easy choice

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

I drove it again with the wife on the Monday we got back from Tassie, still as awesome as the first time. My wife is so anti-cars it isn't funny; but she hasn't stopped raving to her friends about it since :p

My wife saw the i3 in today's Australian and got a bit interested. Normally she has zero interest in cars, but the electric concept does it for her. Then our 17 year old daughter flipped out and said "Don't you dare buy another car - it's SOOOO embarrassing!"  I suggested we could get rid of her Golf to bring the numbers down. She wasn't happy! :o

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
I suggested we could get rid of her Golf to bring the numbers down. She wasn't happy! :o
:clap:
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

The wife has a golf. Great car, heaps of room, comfortable to drive. No idea why you'd buy a commodore.
Whats wrong with a Commodore?

Offline dkabab

Whats wrong with a Commodore?

The cars are fine, but the owners......  :tilt:

Offline B2

• Slowest Ferrari Owner

The cars are fine, but the owners......  :tilt:
Well thats OK then, we are on the same page. ;)

Offline TomE

My wife saw the i3 in today's Australian and got a bit interested. Normally she has zero interest in cars, but the electric concept does it for her. Then our 17 year old daughter flipped out and said "Don't you dare buy another car - it's SOOOO embarrassing!"  I suggested we could get rid of her Golf to bring the numbers down. She wasn't happy! :o

You need more daughters to even the ratio out.

Offline alvchua

• Drives: Old junks
Best retort ever! ;-)
Forgiveness is easier to achieve than permission!