Offline fivesix

A mate of mine looked seriously at Mark's old car about a month ago and he had the same experience as I did when I was looking
at 2nd hand Big Mac's. They wouldn't budge from a ridiculously high price…………………... so he bought a 458 Spider.
I think that happens a lot :p

When Mark is involved, he is like that girl from the Old El Paso adds.

Why not both? :P

Offline dkabab

A mate of mine looked seriously at Mark's old car about a month ago and he had the same experience as I did when I was looking
at 2nd hand Big Mac's. They wouldn't budge from a ridiculously high price…………………... so he bought a 458 Spider.
I think that happens a lot :p

from an arm chair observer, it seems mclaren appear to be controlling the use car market. whenever theres a used 12c on carsales, it appears to quickly disappear then be for sale by a dealer for 30% more $.

Offline fivesix

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

from an arm chair observer, it seems mclaren appear to be controlling the use car market. whenever theres a used 12c on carsales, it appears to quickly disappear then be for sale by a dealer for 30% more $.

That scenario is possibly the owner of the 12C trying to sell his car privately prior to buying the 650S and then trading it instead.  I've done it myself often enough.  Dealers need to add plenty to accommodate payout figures on trade-ins - and to make money of course.

Offline Lifes-Good

That scenario is possibly the owner of the 12C trying to sell his car privately prior to buying the 650S and then trading it instead.  I've done it myself often enough.  Dealers need to add plenty to accommodate payout figures on trade-ins - and to make money of course.

They dont advertise 650 on carsales, trying to move the old stock before no one wanted them.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club
  • Chief Muppet Wrangler @ Drugs.R.Us Badlands Sector

• Drives: Slowly and carefully

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
He sure gets around :p
His grand kids will find that pic online when theyre growing up.

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

His grand kids will find that pic online when theyre growing up.

I have no doubt you are correct.
Considering how famous he is as a result of his connection to a yellow Ferrari, I find it kind of ironic that he has absolutely zero interest in cars. He is now 6 years old and I had to bribe him with the promise of "football cards" before he would agree to go for his very first ride in the Bumble Bee last weekend.

His 4 year old brother on the other hand is absoloutely car crazy.

Offline Tiger

I have no doubt you are correct.
Considering how famous he is as a result of his connection to a yellow Ferrari, I find it kind of ironic that he has absolutely zero interest in cars. He is now 6 years old and I had to bribe him with the promise of "football cards" before he would agree to go for his very first ride in the Bumble Bee last weekend.

His 4 year old brother on the other hand is absoloutely car crazy.

You spoiled him Scott, he started off at the top of a very elite club and now you expect him to get into a car that anybody can buy off the shelf. The young chap has high standards.
Roll on summer

Offline 360c

• 300kph+ club

You spoiled him Scott, he started off at the top of a very elite club and now you expect him to get into a car that anybody can buy off the shelf. The young chap has high standards.

It's a bit hard to go anywhere but downhill from an F50 in the modern road Ferrari stakes :p
Shame he can't make a buck or two out of it though :(