Poll

Would you install a GPS Tracker in your car?

Yes
5 (33.3%)
No-Don't need one
1 (6.7%)
No-Too Expensive
2 (13.3%)
No-Don't like the big brother aspect
6 (40%)
No-Because there are no insurance benefits
1 (6.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend
  • I am legend in my own lunchbox

• Drives: Everyone Crazy
  • Name: Dean
  • www: Intellitrac.com.au
Six so far don't seem to understand that your personal tracker isn't being tracked by big brother...
Big brother of course may have a phone tap on it.

seems like the young'uns have more idea than the oldies.

Offline app

Six so far don't seem to understand that your personal tracker isn't being tracked by big brother...
Big brother of course may have a phone tap on it.

Although data may not have provided to big brother before, what is to stop big brother from getting all the data, is it even possible to stop them from getting it?

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

:scratchchin:
Although data may not have provided to big brother before, what is to stop big brother from getting all the data, is it even possible to stop them from getting it?

Alot of paranoia here.

You guys must have alot to hide.

What is stopping 3rd parties getting the data?
Privacy Act

Me and the delete button

Offline app

Alot of paranoia here.

You guys must have alot to hide.

What is stopping 3rd parties getting the data?
Privacy Act

Me and the delete button

I'm no lawyer, but if the Police got a warrant to get all the info because it holds all the info leading up to an accident, is the Privacy Act going to stop it?

Re paranoia - while I'm not in the market to get one anytime soon, I wouldn't want to get one unless it was actually guaranteed that big brother couldn't access all the data.

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Dean, you've had a fair crack at this topic in which you have a financial interest.  From where I sit, it looks a lot like spam - dressed up as something else, but spam nonetheless.  You might want to move on to other things.

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

Dean, you've had a fair crack at this topic in which you have a financial interest.  From where I sit, it looks a lot like spam - dressed up as something else, but spam nonetheless.  You might want to move on to other things.

I must remind you that i do sponsor the forum and no one complained when mario from eurogloss pasted multiple articles on his work.

This thread is a marketing study and an education process for our company and the forum members.

I have been a member for this forum for years and have never peddled my wares.

If the motive was financial interest it would amount to no more than 0.001% of our turnover so why would i bother wasting my time here.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

He *is* a financial sponsor of AE, has been for best part of a year. I'm seeing this thread as market research as to whether it's worth continuing the arrangement because he hasn't got the custom he'd hoped for out if it.

As has been noted here, it may be the wrong demographic, his biz may be a boon on nissansilvia.com where every day there are a bunch of new threads about someones car getting flogged after they spent $30k on upgrades but couldn't afford insurance or live with mum n dad in Salisbury and have to park on the street.

Edit: just as I posted the above we got our first "stolen" thread in like forever. :doh:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/aussie-cars/stolen-gold-ford-xw-gt-falcon-20k-reward-8786.0.html

Offline M308

• Degranged

He *is* a financial sponsor of AE, has been for best part of a year. I'm seeing this thread as market research as to whether it's worth continuing the arrangement because he hasn't got the custom he'd hoped for out if it.

As has been noted here, it may be the wrong demographic, his biz may be a boon on nissansilvia.com where every day there are a bunch of new threads about someones car getting flogged after they spent $30k on upgrades but couldn't afford insurance or live with mum n dad in Salisbury and have to park on the street.

Edit: just as I posted the above we got our first "stolen" thread in like forever. :doh:

http://aussieexotics.com/forum/aussie-cars/stolen-gold-ford-xw-gt-falcon-20k-reward-8786.0.html

:D

Offline deangpsx8

• I Am Legend

MHH you had a well acclaimed Murci andnow a 458. You have been on the forum for donkeys years.
Have you ever put your hand in your pocket to assist Ash in running this thing.

I enquired about sponsoring the forum after Uber helped out so much.

My initial discussions with Ash were that i was not really interested in promoting products here.
I was only interested in contibuting to keeping the forum alive.

Ash can confirm that if he wishes to.

I felt it my obligation to add some content to the sponsorship.

Hence the thread.

If you have an issue PM me, otherwise you run the risk of severely pissing me off.

Offline CortinaD

I like the idea of gps tracking but would never buy one.

All it takes is for one or two bad seeds in a company and everything is leaked ie vodafone.

I have location services turned off on my phone too.