Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

Yup. It's also the theory of scarcity at play… desirability is intrinsically linked to scarcity.

Nailed it. It's the very reason low volume classic cars are so desirable and hence more valuable.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Special in what sense? You showing off with your material possession and not being able to stand out? The car feels exactly the same to drive you get the same use from it.

What if  hypercars such as McLarens P1, La Ferrari, 918 etc were at every corner would you want one and would you enjoy it any less? I just don't get the mindset.

You have your answers above.
If everyone had the cars you mentioned there'd be a rush to change over to C Class Mercs as they aren't DD's and would drive you insane in no time. Not only that .....well......everyone's got one meh  :rolleyes:

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Interesting, I am buying things for myself I couldn't care less what others think, the most important thing is what I think, if people burn money in order to impress others they are doing it wrong, I'd love a P1 in RHD I wouldn't care if they were using it as Taxis I'd still have one.

Also badges as Benz (used as Taxis in Europe) BMW, Audi (up market Volkswagen) like Lexus (up market Toyotas) aren't anything special really.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Interesting, I am buying things for myself I couldn't care less what others think, the most important thing is what I think, if people burn money in order to impress others they are doing it wrong, I'd love a P1 in RHD I wouldn't care if they were using it as Taxis I'd still have one.

Also badges as Benz (used as Taxis in Europe) BMW, Audi (up market Volkswagen) like Lexus (up market Toyotas) aren't anything special really.

Had another look at the C63 over Christmas, build is no better than the Lexus nor is the finish in fact it's a little garish in places so what do I get ? Faster and a great note, not worth the trouble. As much as i'd like a change I'm not going to do it for the sake of it only to look back with regret.

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Agreed 100%

Every time there's one of these discussions though there's a big difference between the armchair critics and actual buyers. Don't see a lot of owners of these 'common' cars posting up how much they regret buying based on seeing another one on the street.   :rolleyes:
C'mon, do it!

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Had another look at the C63 over Christmas, build is no better than the Lexus nor is the finish in fact it's a little garish in places so what do I get ? Faster and a great note, not worth the trouble. As much as i'd like a change I'm not going to do it for the sake of it only to look back with regret.

Faster and a good note that's 90% of the things you need in a car haha

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

Faster and a good note that's 90% of the things you need in a car haha

Not for my 7,000k a year trips in the city.

Offline TomE

Nailed it. It's the very reason low volume classic cars are so desirable and hence more valuable.

Nope. Classic cars are more fun to drive! 100% throttle, 75% of the time.  :D

Offline Fortis

• 300kph+ club

Not for my 7,000k a year trips in the city.

I do an average of 40,000 km a year in and around the city, the C63 is a good car but I am looking forward to seeing what the new RS4 will bring to the table, although I am starting to warm up to the C63 I like Audi a bit more than Benz, Benz isn't as refined.

Offline dodger

• Tommy Gunna

I do an average of 40,000 km a year in and around the city, the C63 is a good car but I am looking forward to seeing what the new RS4 will bring to the table, although I am starting to warm up to the C63 I like Audi a bit more than Benz, Benz isn't as refined.

I've never had Audi or BMW though I like the 335i and the M3 I'd probably go for the Benz again when the time comes.