Offline fivesix

its very convenient that all these high speed crashes happen at the cars max speed..... they see a big crash and go how fast can that car go? 330kph... hmmm ok lets say he was doing 320, thats believable...

thats a pretty decent crash.... but 320kph... i doubt it

320 would be like a total carbon fibre firework I would imagine...

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
its very convenient that all these high speed crashes happen at the cars max speed..... they see a big crash and go how fast can that car go? 330kph... hmmm ok lets say he was doing 320, thats believable...

thats a pretty decent crash.... but 320kph... i doubt it
I'd believe it. I've done 320kph in Germany quite easily.

Besides if it happened on the highway chances are the crash was a lot less dramatic then you think. The W rails are designed to catch and hold cars that hit them and wipe off speed. He probably just scraped against the rails for a while then came to a stop. Looks like it to me since only one side of the car is badly damaged.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Besides if it happened on the highway chances are the crash was a lot less dramatic then you think. The W rails are designed to catch and hold cars that hit them and wipe off speed. He probably just scraped against the rails for a while then came to a stop. Looks like it to me since only one side of the car is badly damaged.

That's what I was thinking - not that he "crashed" at 300+, but that he was no longer in control of the low flying missile up until the point it reached the scene of the accident.

Offline tasgirevik

• Drives: classic 911 = DD
Same or worse damage if a serious truck hits you whilst you're stationary!
If you're going fast (doesnt have to be anywhere near 200mph) and come to an abrupt halt your blood vessels and brain keep moving. Tear & squish!
That's what happened to Princess Di.
Wonder what he'll use the insurance payout for? Premium might jump a little, but I'm sure that's a business expense.

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
We can all sleep easy - he's ordered a new one already:
http://www.gtspirit.com/2011/02/19/car-crash-pagani-zonda-f-2/

Also: Driver was apparently one of the new investors in Gemballa.
http://jalopnik.com/#!5766509/driver-who-survived-199-mph-supercar-crash-is-new-gemballa-owner

My $0.02 is on the crashed Zonda being reborn as some hideous yet awesome one-off special with a silly name...

Offline tasgirevik

"The vehicles will be added to his collection of supercars, which among other sports cars includes two Bugatti Veyrons, Gemballa Mirage GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Murciélago, Gemballa Avalanche BiTurbo and a newly ordered McLaren MP4-12C."

And 28 years old. Rich daddy or drug dealer? Or perhaps a hit single or two?
At least he drives them , like dear old Nick Mason.

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
"The vehicles will be added to his collection of supercars, which among other sports cars includes two Bugatti Veyrons, Gemballa Mirage GT, Lamborghini Gallardo, Lamborghini Murciélago, Gemballa Avalanche BiTurbo and a newly ordered McLaren MP4-12C."

And 28 years old. Rich daddy or drug dealer? Or perhaps a hit single or two?
At least he drives them , like dear old Nick Mason.
That would be quite a collection even for a Daddy's boy. I wonder what his story is?

Offline tasgirevik

Driver is a financier who has rescued Gemballa
And according to one German report, computer translated but nonetheless you get the gist :

"To greet you said was happening, the accident about 500 yards to a construction site in which was a speed limit of 60 mph.After lifting the speed limit he had accelerated, would then fall suddenly but with a little more than 100 km / h in a large puddle of water.  This was, according to his information, on the highway and had suddenly appeared before him.  This had led to an outbreak of vehicle in the first episode in the left and then struck into the right guardrail."

Thus "New Gemballa boss hits a puddle and wrecks company car"

or "Jesus walks on water...and slips"

at 100km/hr...

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
A+++ translator, would misread again.

Offline tasgirevik

"The crash occurred on Italy’s A10 Autostrada, a section of road that connects Italy and France and that local police say is hard to manage due to difficulties enforcing cross-border traffic fines. Korbach did not deny that he was racing a Mercedes-Benz in his Pagani Zonda F Clubsport when he lost control of his vehicle, hit a guardrail, lost a wheel, overturned, and then collided with the Mercedes. Korbach said he is grateful that everyone walked away from the crash unscathed. "

http://www.prestigecars.de/menschen-magazin/2011/steffen-korbach-und-der-pagani-zonda-roadster-f-clubsport-die-wahrheit-ueber-den-unfall/15948

Imagine the damage at 300kmh