Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Crashed Pagani Zonda
By Stephen Dobie

Yet another heartbreaking hypercar crash: this time it's a Pagani Zonda F

F@$K! That's what we'd wager was shouted quite loudly from this Pagani Zonda F seconds before the main photograph was taken. The circumstances behind the accident that decimated the rare hypercar are – predictably – rather sketchy, but word is the driver was tootling back from a trackday when an out of control lorry came headed his (or indeed, her) way, forcing evasive action into a row of parked cars.

The resulting mess may well tell a different story, though, the front of the car close to being unrecognisable. Note the jettisoned front wing, too, with its ornate side mirror still intact.

The incident took place in Hong Kong, and is the latest in a series of supercar slayings. Recent weeks have seen a Bugatti Veyron end up in a US salt lake and the Italian Police kill their Lamborghini Gallardo patrol car. In all cases it’s hard to know whether to laugh or cry…

http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/246055/crashed_pagani_zonda.html

Offline fivesix

:waah:

mind you, that engine would be a great project!  :thumbsup:

still  :waah: :faint:

Hong Kong is one of the biggest markets for Zondas, is that correct?

Offline Pazzo Canguro

• COFFEE AND CARS...What more is their? Oh Women!!

Offline Bobby xo

• i luv the mercedes-benz SLR!!!!!!!!!

A $1 Million Pagani Zonda F has crashed, making this the third time a Zonda has been wrecked. It's also the 2nd time one has crashed in Hong Kong! At this time, we're not sure if this was the same owner as the other Zonda crash.

Only 106 Pagani Zondas were ever produced and only 25 of them were a Zonda F.....

Details of the crash are sketchy, but from what we've been told, the owner was driving the car back from a track event when an out of control truck forced the Zonda into a row of parked cars. !!!!!!!!!

these things are gonna become an extinct spiecies the way that they are goin!!!!!!

Offline fivesix

Found this by accident:
http://smh.drive.com.au/motor-news/the-500000-car-crash-20100325-qxzx.html

A test drive that ended in tears is going to cost a UK insurance agency almost half-a-million dollars.

A Pagani Zonda supercar suffered almost $500,000 worth of damage in a serious car crash while being test driven late last year.

The Zonda was reportedly owned by an oil tycoon, who was believed to be sitting in the passenger seat when the crash happened in Aberdeen in Scotland.

It was apparently being driven by a professional driver, who lost control and hit a pole.

Aviva, the UK’s largest insurance agent, will pay out around £300,000 after agreeing to repair the crashed Pagani supercar.

Instead of writing the wreck off, the insurance company is choosing to send the car back to the Pagani factory in Modena, Italy, where the repairs to the car's carefully constructed carbon fibre pieces will take place.

A BBC report cites an Aviva spokesperson as saying: "This is the biggest insurance payout we have had for repairs to a private car in the UK”.

"This is out of the ordinary for an insurer,” the spokesperson told BBC.

"Although the vehicle was badly damaged, Aviva decided that the car may be repairable and set about making arrangements for the car to be shipped across to Modena, Italy, home of Pagani, the vehicle manufacturer”.

On average, Pagani produces just 10 cars each year.

Offline fivesix

Offline beankeen456

any more pictures? already looks pretty badly damaged.

Offline beankeen456

apparently sir jackie stewart was driving

Offline beankeen456

this is what the owner said:

A CHAMPION racing driver was behind the wheel of the supercar that crashed into an electricity pole, causing £300,000 of damage.
We revealed yesterday how the accident led to a record insurance payout to repair one of the world's most expensive cars.
The car's owner at the time was retired oil tycoon Gareth Jones, 58.
Yesterday, he told the Record how he was sitting beside the internationally renowned driver as the £528,000 Pagani Zonda S careered off a country road, hit the pole and ended up entangled in barbed wire.
Speaking for the first time about the smash, which happened a few miles from his Aberdeenshire castle last September, he said: "A magazine was doing an appraisal of the car for an article and it was being driven by a professional."
Gareth refused to name the man, adding: "All I'm prepared to say is he was an internationally famous racing champ and the crash wasn't his fault.
"There's no way I'd have given the keys of my car to anyone who wasn't qualified to handle it. We were about three miles from my home on a country road between Auchnagatt and Drumwhindle when he lost control.
"We were travelling at speed. He was driving the car in such fine balance that he never once triggered the traction control.
"It was the state of the road that caused the crash. We hit mud, which is constantly being dragged on to the main roads by tractors coming out of the fields.
"It's something I've complained to the police about but nothing has been done."
Neither man was injured as the car toppled the pole and was left wrapped in the barbed wire.
Gareth said: "Naturally, I was disappointed. I'd paid £400,000 for the car a few years ago and they appreciate in value. But my main reaction was sheer glee that neither of us had been injured."
Despite the extensive damage, the insurers decided such a rare, high-value car was worth repairing and it was shipped to Italy, where the cars are hand-built.
Gareth made more than £30million when he sold Aberdeen firm Dominion Technology Gases in 2007, only 10 years after he founded the company.
He is now restoring his 12th century castle to its former glory and enjoying life in the slow lane - but admitted he loves luxury cars.
The insurance claim on the pranged Zonda, which Gareth once showed off to former Formula I champion Jackie Stewart at Knockhill racing circuit in Fife, was made on the mystery driver's insurance.
Gareth has since traded the car in against a new £1.2million black Zonda F Club Sport, which he is due to take delivery of this summer.
Only 10 Zondas are made each year. They are tailor-made from carbon fibre, titanium and aircraft aluminium.
A spokesman for Aviva, who insured the test driver, said: "This is the biggest payout for repair costs to a private car we have ever seen.
"It is a massive repair cost claim, definitely out of the ordinary."
After discussions between engineers and the car's designer, Horacio Pagani, it was agreed the vehicle could be repaired. It is expected to be ready by May.

Offline scud

• Rocket man

Gareth refused to name the man, adding: "All I'm prepared to say is he was an internationally famous racing champ and the crash wasn't his fault.
"There's no way I'd have given the keys of my car to anyone who wasn't qualified to handle it. We were about three miles from my home on a country road between Auchnagatt and Drumwhindle when he lost control.
"We were travelling at speed. He was driving the car in such fine balance that he never once triggered the traction control.
"It was the state of the road that caused the crash. We hit mud, which is constantly being dragged on to the main roads by tractors coming out of the fields.
"It's something I've complained to the police about but nothing has been done."

although we believe them, what about the 100 cars that travelled along the same piece of road before the crash and the 100 cars that travelled after? did any of them crash too?