Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
We had the Jaguar XKR-S for a week recently and here are some photos from the track session and photoshoot the following morning.

Despite the car having a mechanical issue on track it won me over - and I love the colour :D

More at http://www.facebook.com/JanGlovacPhotography

Offline Mr Enzo

Excellent shots  :thumbsup:
Fifth photos is   :thumbsup:
Batti il ferro quando è caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline T0M722

Awesome photos, it's a very striking car.

My favourite's the third.

Offline fivesix

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

more specific about the mechanical problem please.....

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Phil - the journo can explain it better than me, the following is from the review and explains what happened:

But then, it happened. After several laps and some sideways action (just enough for Mr Glovac to get his shots) I came out of turn one, piled on the throttle and there was nothing. It started with the aircon shutting down. The cabin became extremely hot, and the engine felt like 200 of its horses had bolted out the gate. Down the main straight at a snails pace the car was painfully slow. Then, a warning on the screen – “Engine temperature too high”. Great. This is all I need.

We’d booked the track to test the Jag’s potential and we were going to have to idle it back to the start. So, we pulled into the pits. Outside temperature was 40 degrees C. The hood was lifted and we let the car idle in the shade, to try and cool it down. Switching it off would have created heatsoak, so no chance of that. Ten minutes later we decided to try again.

The car regained its lost power and all was good again. For a lap and a half. Then, it went into limp-home mode. The warning came up again on the dash – it was inevitable: we were going to have to call it a day.

A quick phone call to Jaguar and the local dealer quickly rushed out to collect the car. Soon after was the phone call.

“It appears that something lodged itself in the cowling and stopped the fan from spinning. As a result, the fan fuse blew, it stopped cooling the car properly, which is why it overheated.”

To its credit, the dealer had the part in stock. It was replaced and the car was delivered back to me the next day.

http://teamspeed.com/forums/aston-martin-jaguar-lotus/70676-teamspeed-first-drive-2012-jaguar-xkr-s.html

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

ah ok, so it wasn't really the cars fault as such, just some foreign object got in the fan

(wasn't gravel from the track was it ;) )

Offline leburpor

• Loves Tom Cruise

Nice shots. The car, however, reminds me of a Monaro. Maybe it's the color...

Offline cel

Great photos Jan, as said before, I also think 3 & 5 are the best of those few.

I think the colour looks great on it!

Offline 98octane

Love the third photo. Sounds like a fun car.