Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

a tip..

print a life size picture of it for your garage wall...

you'll get MORE enjoyment from that.

and as for running costs.......  :cool:

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
WTF?? That car sold at auction in the UK for $100k or so just last year. Look in Unique Cars.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline autocherish

WTF?? That car sold at auction in the UK for $100k or so just last year. Look in Unique Cars.

Just to put the record straight. As I've owned this car for circa 5 years - I can say categorically that it was NOT sold last year for $100k!

As a matter of fact, I bought the car with zero history and as a non-runner. By chance, I was introduced to Richard Hassan (son of famed engineer Wally) who had bought the car direct from Jaguar Sport to go racing in China & then Le Mans. As it turned out, by the time he got the car, it was too late for China and the sponsor for Le Mans pulled out. He was kind enough to let have the documented history which along with other researched info is 2'-3' thick (60-100cm) and includes hand written test data, purchase agreement etc. etc. etc.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
I'm surprised Mr Bean hasn't jumped at the chance of buying it..

ok, Rowan.

Offline andecorp

• Biggest daddy in the park 300kph+ club
  • No idea how to make her happy!

• Drives: too many cars for one ass
Just to put the record straight. As I've owned this car for circa 5 years - I can say categorically that it was NOT sold last year for $100k!

As a matter of fact, I bought the car with zero history and as a non-runner. By chance, I was introduced to Richard Hassan (son of famed engineer Wally) who had bought the car direct from Jaguar Sport to go racing in China & then Le Mans. As it turned out, by the time he got the car, it was too late for China and the sponsor for Le Mans pulled out. He was kind enough to let have the documented history which along with other researched info is 2'-3' thick (60-100cm) and includes hand written test data, purchase agreement etc. etc. etc.

OK, so different car then.

Last year, a red XJ220 prototype sold at auction at about $100k. I just looked it up and it had the scissor doors and the V12. Very yummy.
You make something idiotproof, they'll make a better idiot.

Offline autocherish

OK, so different car then.

Last year, a red XJ220 prototype sold at auction at about $100k. I just looked it up and it had the scissor doors and the V12. Very yummy.

No such XJ220 exists - must of been some sort of kitcar. The only factory car with V12 & Scissor doors is the silver concept car which doesn't run (never has) and is actually made of wood. It's currently sitting at the Browns Lane museum and it's huge (much bigger than the production car). There is someone who has commissioned Don Law to convert his car to a V12 & they are having to lengthen & widen the chassis to make it fit. The V12 engine is 44" long (V6 21.5")

Offline TomE

Just sold again for £72,800. No love for this prototype xj220.

Offline dkabab

No such XJ220 exists - must of been some sort of kitcar. The only factory car with V12 & Scissor doors is the silver concept car which doesn't run (never has) and is actually made of wood. It's currently sitting at the Browns Lane museum and it's huge (much bigger than the production car). There is someone who has commissioned Don Law to convert his car to a V12 & they are having to lengthen & widen the chassis to make it fit. The V12 engine is 44" long (V6 21.5")

i wonder if thats this one.... a friend saw it while over in europe earlier this year, he mentioned he looked under the car and it had front drive shafts.