Offline jparrie

You won't be able to import it unless you own it for, correct me if I am wrong, 2 years overseas.

The only way to legally import a vehicle is via the Personal Import Scheme. You have to own & use the vehicle o/s for 12 months. (Used to be 3 months - I know because I brought in a Porsche 928S under the scheme).

I've got no idea about SEVS/RAWS (whatever) costs, but el calcumundo says nearly AU$150k landed for a £66k car, if it were eligible.

Well yes, I was ware of that. The thing is, $150k is rather a lot less than the $229k I have been quoted, don't you think?

Even at your price, by the time you add the cost of getting the thing here, GST, LCT, compliance and you're nowhere near $100k...

Duh. Same comment.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

and the pound to dollar soars past 60p today....

jparrie.... I think you've bitten off too much. if you're having trouble buying it, how on earth are you going to live with the depreciation factor?

Just go buy a nice local car for $150k or there abouts, that's around 3-4 years old..... you'll feel much better about the real value you're getting from it.

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

and the pound to dollar soars past 60p today....

Bugger, bugger, bugger - still can't import an S4s, Bugger!!!!!!!!     :boggled:

Offline PA

• One man comedy gala

Bugger, bugger, bugger - still can't import an S4s, Bugger!!!!!!!!     :boggled:

Esprit S4s, there like arseholes. Everyone has one.

Offline akatyk

Talking S4 (Audi), a friend researched to import one. Settled for A4 2.0T with Sports pack.