Offline TomE

It didn't move me. Maybe it was never going to live up to my expectations.  :(

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

It didn't move me. Maybe it was never going to live up to my expectations.  :(

I have low expectations of modern Jaguars - they are usually met. ;)

Offline JanG

• Will eat your baby
  • Photographer

• Drives: BMW M2/STI track car
  • www: JanGlovac.com
Big fan of the looks and sounds of the F-Type. Sadly I'd say its overpriced for what it offers.

I attended the media launch for the car recently in Sydney (road test and a few hours on a private 5.2km "closed road circuit").

More at http://www.janglovac.com/blog/2013/8/19/jaguar-f-type-australian-media-launch

Offline carmooch

• Name: George
Awesome shots Jan, just a shame about the driver!

Gotta love the farm... "30km/h"

Offline JBO

• Drives: Something that doesn't meet my aspirations...yet...
The coupe will be way better.
The general public is a terrible barometer of taste. Trust your own sensibilities.

Offline TomE

Offline TomE

Offline carl888

• Soap Dropper
  • Get her groggy, do her doggy

• Drives: OHOS
  • Name: Carl Jones
I had a good look at an F-Type for the first time in detail last week.  I'm usually highly suspicious of the style over substance mantra most Jaguars suffer the indignity of displaying.  However, I have to say that the car is better looking in the flesh than in the pics.  It hard to pin point the styling, I wouldn't call it beautiful, nor would I call it functional either, it just looks right.  Distinctively elegant without being vulgar perhaps summarises it.  No doubt a darker metallic suits it better than a loud flat colour such as red or yellow.  The base model seems the best value.

I have no idea what it's like dynamically but that's pulling a long straw comparing it to a Boxster as EVO did.  A mid engined 1,320kg offering compared to a 1,600 kg front engined GT style of vehicle misses the point, don't you think?   I haven't driven a current Boxster with the electric power steering but the previous generation S I have.  It has the most communicative and accurate steering of any modern car I've driven not to mention an amazing amount of grip.  I don't know how Porsche do it, but they do!

I cannot imagine a person who appreciates the virtues shown by the Boxster swayed by the F-Type, and vice versa.  Irrespective of the pricing, they are completely different cars.

Offline TomE

Recently got to hear a stock F Type V8s and V6s launch , they sound unbelievable. Not bad considering the company at the time... SLS, 458, F430, Mclaren MP4 12c , 911 and some Astons.
Best reason not to enter in Climb to the Eagle, you get to stand on the starting line.