Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
http://www.evo.co.uk/news/evonews/253543/jaguar_xkr_75_special_edition.html

Special edition Jaguar XKR 75 performance car revealed. 523bhp, 174mph, launch at Goodwood
By Ben White

Jaguar is debuting a limited edition XKR at the Goodwood Festival of Speed on July 2 2010.  Celebrating Jaguar’s 75th anniversary, the aptly named Jaguar XKR 75 takes the fastest car in the Jag fleet to a new level.

Headline figures for the XKR 75 are 523bhp and 483lb ft - 20bhp and 22lb ft over standard. Performance of the XKR 75 is also marginally improved over the standard car, reaching 62mph in 4.4sec – two tenths quicker than standard.  An electronic limiter stops progress when the car reaches 174mph. 

Other changes specific to the XKR 75 include a revised suspension set-up, giving stiffer spring and damper rates (28 per cent front, 32 rear), improved suspension uprights for increased camber stiffness, a reduced ride height (15mm front, 10mm rear) and reprogrammed Active Dynamics software. Final car calibration was carried out with Jaguar’s motorsport collaborator, RSR.

The aesthetics are treated to an aerodynamic upgrade consisting of sill extensions, new rear diffuser and enlarged rear spoiler as well as a body-coloured front splitter and 20in ‘Vortex’ alloys. It’s all backed up by a sports exhaust with more acoustic clout.

Prices kick off at £85,500, with order books open in July and deliveries in October.  Thrown in with the price, however, is exclusivity; as the name suggests, just 75 XKR 75s will be built, making the likelihood of pulling up next to another one fairly slim.

Offline fivesix

Looks fantastic!
Reasonable price too!?

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
a new 458 Italia is 200k pounds brand new, how much are they selling here?????

You can not easily convert car prices from the UK to Australia..... if i had to guess if the car came to Australia delivered by Jag I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushing the $250- $300K mark even though it is only 90 000 British pounds.
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline fivesix

a new 458 Italia is 200k pounds brand new, how much are they selling here?????

You can not easily convert car prices from the UK to Australia..... if i had to guess if the car came to Australia delivered by Jag I wouldn't be surprised if it was pushing the $250- $300K mark even though it is only 90 000 British pounds.

I know all that, but for the limited production numbers, I would have expected above £100k pricing...

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
yup yup, definately a reasonable price for a limmited edition, especially if you buy the car hopeing that Jag will go out of business in the next 10 years.... probably be worth more then...
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline AdminAG

• All the news that fits to pixels

• Drives: Traffic
Jaguar XKR-S

The new model receives some additional go along with all this show. The supercharged, direct-injection 5.0-liter V-8 is boosted to roughly 542 horsepower and 501 pound-feet of torque, a gain of 32 horsepower and 40 pound-feet of torque. Jaguar says the power allows the new XKR-S to sprint from 0-60 mph in a blistering 4.2 seconds, run from 0-100 mph in 8.6 seconds, and hit a top speed of 186 mph.

Read more: http://wot.motortrend.com/geneva-2011-jaguar-xkr-fastest-cat-35721.html#ixzz1FNs7ieQT

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8etEIRVqi8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8etEIRVqi8</a>

Hello :)

Offline TomE

From Jaguar magazine facebook wall:

This is something which happened today to make you weep. This spectacular LHD XKR-S, star of the Sydney Motor Show, was displayed on an 'island' for the 2.2 XF launch in Australia.
The event finished today and the XKR-S was very very carefully removed from the island on a temporary bridge - to be sent straight back to England and crushed! It is a pre-production prototype and can't be used for legal reasons. It has never been driven on the road ...
LikeUnlike ·  · Share · 21 October at 18:50 ·

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
this very car was at the Melbourne international motorshow 2011 :D
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline TomE

From Autoblog, a picture taken at the old Nurburgring where Jaguar and other manufacturers have testing facilities.

This XKR-S is a modification of the already dramatic limited run model, and features a huge functional rear wing and aggressively reworked front air dam.

The tip from Autoblog and others is that Jaguar is preparing a limited edition serious racing version to take on Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Black Series and others.

The standard XKR-S produces 550 bhp - who knows what this could produce? Very exciting.