Offline M500

Just browsing through the auction catalogues and came across a smashed Silver 03 Murci going to auction. Shame to see such a beautiful car damagd, but I guess someone will buy it and repair it.

http://www.manheimfowles.com.au/find_buy/catalogues/catalogue/?unit_key=88215_AU102514322-88215;detail_tab=vinfo;sale_id=88215;rm=view_detail

Vehicle Details
 Main Photo 

Main Photo 

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago 4X4 Coupe
Location Altona, Melbourne, Victoria
Build 2003 Compliance 2003
Body Coupe Odometer 11,400
Engine 6.2L Ei Petrol Transmission 6spd Manual
Colour Blue
Stock number 2514322
WOVR status Repairable Write-off
Features **KEYS AND BOOKS**
ABS Air Conditioning
Alloy Wheels Central Locking
Cruise Control Dual Air Bags
Leather Trim Power Steering
Power Windows

2003 Lamborghini Murcielago 4X4 Coupe

Auction Reference Lot 0 in PRESTIGE VEHICLE AUCTION
Auction Time 11:00AM on Wednesday, 17 December 2008
Auction Location Altona, Victoria
SIMULCAST!
Time Remaining 10d 13h 

Offline fivesix

Rog will know, but was this the one that came off at noosa and pranged? similar looking damage from what I remember...  :scratchchin:

Offline mondi

• Resident Bogan

What sort of $$$$$$s would something like this go for, or is that anyones guess?????

If it was written off, then the damage would have to be around the 70% to 75% of the Lambo's value. (???)

Would it be worth it?

Any better photos than the crap auction site photos.?

Offline Aircon

• Master Baiter 300kph+ club
  • Who said it couldn't be done?

• Drives: Electric everything
  • Name: Peter
looks like such little damage, yet it's a write off. you'd think there must be more wrong than is obviously visible.

I love my car. Buy your own

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com

Offline 1

Would be cheaper to buy one used. As it will cost a lot of $$$ to get the parts from lambo for repairs, excluding the labour cost.

Not to mention the long term affect of having the chance of the car having problems.

Buying one already used will save you head aces and time to drive the bull !  :cool:

Regards,

Dib

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Rog will know, but was this the one that came off at noosa and pranged? similar looking damage from what I remember...  :scratchchin:
doubt there would be 2 around in the same colour with the same damage. the owner sued the insurance company and got the payout  :eek:

the crash happened last year, so it has sat around for a while. don't go looking for the tool kit, i knocked it off as my murcie never came with one  :p

Offline app

doubt there would be 2 around in the same colour with the same damage. the owner sued the insurance company and got the payout  :eek:

the crash happened last year, so it has sat around for a while. don't go looking for the tool kit, i knocked it off as my murcie never came with one  :p

Why does it surprise you he got insurance for it?? He may have been insured for the race in the first place, but then had the insurance void because, well because insurance companies do that :p

As for the tool kit, after all the money this car costs I would've thought you would've gone after Lamborghini to get a new one??

Damage doesn't seem to be that extensive. What kinda money would it take to repair this?? I remember my mate's dad taking his car to the repairer and seeing a rear-ended Bentley Continential GT and ask the repairer how much the Bentley would cost to repair to which he replied "$120,000" and it wasn't even a write off. That's near half the value isn't it?? Surely this Murcie wouldn't take half the value to fix it?? I could be wrong, I'm no expert after all.

Offline scud

• 300kph+ club
  • Rocket man

Why does it surprise you he got insurance for it?? He may have been insured for the race in the first place, but then had the insurance void because, well because insurance companies do that :p

As for the tool kit, after all the money this car costs I would've thought you would've gone after Lamborghini to get a new one??

Damage doesn't seem to be that extensive. What kinda money would it take to repair this?? I remember my mate's dad taking his car to the repairer and seeing a rear-ended Bentley Continential GT and ask the repairer how much the Bentley would cost to repair to which he replied "$120,000" and it wasn't even a write off. That's near half the value isn't it?? Surely this Murcie wouldn't take half the value to fix it?? I could be wrong, I'm no expert after all.
you got no idea

Offline app