Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
those specific cars may be POS's but you gotta admit its a good way to sharpen up the look of them

Offline dkabab

really :mischief:, i think the genuine superleg seats would give them a run for their money :doh:
Its been too long since your drive to brisvegas

True.... Sore back for 2 weeks...

those specific cars may be POS's but you gotta admit its a good way to sharpen up the look of them

Yep, not a bad facelift.. And hardly anyone would know any different

Offline RS

• Drives: AMG
Not normally a fan of modified cars but i think they have been done well, guess because they have just copied an original lamborghini design
Convict by heritage, Guilty by Choice

Offline looney

• Drives: VW Beetle
Not normally a fan of modified cars but i think they have been done well, guess because they have just copied an original lamborghini design

yeah, and im just putting the pieces together, i think the parts may all be made by a guy up here in the GC who is a friend of a friend, so i guess if anyone's curious i can ask around and see how much he wants for the parts if you wanna do it yourself.

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
Great little review from MHH, a similar one from Scud would be great to read as well.

Offline Last_Ride

• Drives: a thing with 4 wheels
  • Name: call me habib
great review and happy to know that you kinda like 458 than lambo ?
my car does 0-100 in 30 mins

http://www.flickr.com/photos/44014241@N03/

Offline Kian

Carpoint right now has 64 Gallardos for sale in Australia for a population of 24mil.
The US equivalent, Dupont Registry, has 171 Gallardos for sale in the USA for a population of 311mil.

Uhmm, can anyone say market overflooded here??
That's naive to compare carpoint.com to dupontregistry.com because dupontregistry.com isn't just US based, its worldwide and the cars they have for sale is a quarter of what they sell, it isn't focused on cars like carsales or carpoint...if you want the actual website for the american market look at www.cars.com where there is currently 251 gallardos for sale....so i wouldn't say it's entirely flooded but its getting there. And the thing with US dealers is they don't put a lot of their cars online because they can sell them quickly, obviously because of the large market they have, so doesn't take long...i would say 300+ Gallardos are for sale there.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20069&rd=100000&zc=12456&PMmt=1-0-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&mdId=21195

Offline Ali_R

• Drives: 2006 Subaru Impreza
  • Name: Aloush!
Always happy to talk cars. :)  Here are my thoughts on the cars I've had or have.

04 Gallardo - I got a car off the first boat, so the G had huge novelty value.  I'd never owned a "supercar" before and I still remember the thrill of the drive home from Solitaire looking through the unfeasibly sloping windscreen.  The car was most a good drive with plenty of power but the first gear was very high and the e-gear was never that smooth.  The car disgraced itself by blowing its engine at about 27,000km but not before hitting an indicated 298km/h in the NT. (I'd promised the missus I wouldn't be driving around at 300km/h). 

06 Gallardo SE - this thing was (and possibly still is) the best looking car I'd seen.  It had technical advantages over the 04 (better gearing, stiffer suspension, louder exhaust) but mostly it was prettier inside and out.  The car was a fun drive but again disgraced itself with a few breakdowns.   I was sad to see it go, but decided to sell it after driving a stock standard Carrera home one day - the cheaper Porsche was a more satisfying drive.

07 Carrera S - a lovely car and my first manual for a while. I can remember many times in this car being on my top drives list - chasing Pete White's F430 in Tassie, several perfect drives to Strath spring to mind.  In Tassie, I hit the limiter a few times which I took to be a message from God to get a car with more power.  But the car had the sweetest steering I've ever experienced and a lovely manual box which was great when in the mood.  I'd recommend a used 997 to anyone but would sit on the fence before recommending a Gallardo.

07 Murcielago LP640 - I bought this car used - about 9 months old - which was something I'd never done before.  It was a much better sorted car mechanically than the Gallardos and was a total event to drive every time, partly because of the lovely engine/exhaust note but also because of the dropped jaws it created.  The car was too wide and heavy feeling to be much good in the Adelaide Hills and it had a shockingly uncomfortable seat, but I loved it all the same.  It scraped its nose at speed and wasn't really Tassie-worthy, but the main reason for selling it was to get a decent price before the Aventador hit the scene. The car's futuristic shape wasn't matched by the interior which was plain and basic.

Turbo S - after 30,000 odd happy km in the Carrera, I was foolish enough to accept Porsche Centre's offer of a Turbo press car overnight.  I fell in love with the PDK - the rest was a bonus.  The Turbo S is stupidly fast - just right, in other words -  and the PDK makes in an easy commuter into the bargain.  The steering isn't quite as sweet the the 2WD Carrera but is good by any other measure.  The superb seats, the roll on power, the sheer pace, the unbreakable feel, the practicality, the excellent service centre are attributes worth mentioning.  The car wriggles in your hands like nothing else but you need to keep your wits about you.  I've had a couple of moments when pressing on which left me clammy-handed.  And the road noise can be wearing on the wrong surface.  But if I had to grab a car within an hour to drive to Sydney through the night, it would be the Porsche.

Ferrari 458 - I drove scud's old F430 in the NT a few years ago and knew instantly that Ferrari makes a better car than Lamborghini.  So I was always going to want one at some time.  I've done 27,000km in the 458 in the past 18 months.  It is a staggeringly good thing to drive.  It feels half the weight of any of the cars above with quick and light steering, with a zingy engine that sounds more like a superbike than a car and has incredible pace on a winding road.  The seats aren't quite as comfy or body hugging as the Porsche but that's about the only thing I can fault. No service or warranty issues (apart from disliking being nearly run out of fuel once) and no quirks to drive once you are used to the indicator buttons.  The dashboard menu is a bit baffling and I've never turned the radio on so the $2K iPod cable was a bit of a waste and that's about it.  It is a quiet tourer with good suspension compliance too.  I highly recommend picking one up.

HTH.  :)
Mate, if you're ever bored of a supercar, i'd be glad to take them off ya hands ;D Nice post though

Offline anotherforumuser

• AE's voice of reason
  • Choose to take risks or settle for ordinary.

• Drives: A burgandy car.
That's naive to compare carpoint.com to dupontregistry.com because dupontregistry.com isn't just US based, its worldwide and the cars they have for sale is a quarter of what they sell, it isn't focused on cars like carsales or carpoint...if you want the actual website for the american market look at www.cars.com where there is currently 251 gallardos for sale....so i wouldn't say it's entirely flooded but its getting there. And the thing with US dealers is they don't put a lot of their cars online because they can sell them quickly, obviously because of the large market they have, so doesn't take long...i would say 300+ Gallardos are for sale there.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20069&rd=100000&zc=12456&PMmt=1-0-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&sf2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId&pgId=2102&mdId=21195
  :doh: