Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
Callistos were not standard equipment on gen 3 cars - they were still an option. SOOO much better than the standard rims though.

Only e-gear cars would have launch control, but I can't remember if even the SLG had it? (Ritchie?)
I never used it in any of the cars. Didn't want something to go 'bang' on my watch :)

And as Ritchie says - the SLG is a huge step up again, particularly in terms of sheer explosive performance.

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
And as Ritchie says - the SLG is a huge step up again, particularly in terms of sheer explosive performance.

:D

...it's the most violent agressive thing I've been in - when he was even just half pushing it, every gearchange felt like a nuke going off behind the seats.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Kujotk,

See that you are quite deep into the info now.... interested in getting one?
richie

You're onto something Richie  :thumbsup:

I have driven an 08 Spider, aparently from 06-08 there wasn't much difference (except for the new shape LP560 and SLG's) performance and transmission wise..... i'm told the hard top is a much better car to drive, also quicker and lighter, can't see why i'd be dissapointed by the Gen2 Gallardos, i'd probably skip the Gen1's all together. Not to mention the cassette player, plain steering wheel ect.... just doesn't look appealing in a car that from the outside looks space age.

Ahhhh!!! I can't wait now :scared: :scared:
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

This is the colour I want, but I have looked all over Australia and the UK and there are none for sale and haven't been for sale in either markets for at least the last year that i've been looking at these sort of cars :(

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Callistos were not standard equipment on gen 3 cars - they were still an option. SOOO much better than the standard rims though.

Only e-gear cars would have launch control, but I can't remember if even the SLG had it? (Ritchie?)
I never used it in any of the cars. Didn't want something to go 'bang' on my watch :)

Hi James,

You are right... there is a launch control with the e-gear models... I THINK the earlier e-gear models should have that too...

richie

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
This is the colour I want, but I have looked all over Australia and the UK and there are none for sale and haven't been for sale in either markets for at least the last year that i've been looking at these sort of cars :(

That's a nice colour... I think it is called: verde ithaca... I am actually thinking about getting the calipers painted in that colour... lol.... but also at the same time, don't want to distroy or change any original parts...

I have heard that it is quite difficult to bring in 06+ gallardos from the UK, is that right? Or it is just the cost that prohibits a lot of people from bringing 06+ cars into the country?

cheers,

richie

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam

You're going to struggle to find a verde ithica here, the only ones I'm aware of are the Edelsten's spider and the 570 SL. Though I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning the sighting of a coupe but don't quote me on it. Maybe you might have more luck with the UK. It was originally a Murcie only colour so not many anywhere until the 560-4

Offline j15

You're going to struggle to find a verde ithica here, the only ones I'm aware of are the Edelsten's spider and the 570 SL. Though I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning the sighting of a coupe but don't quote me on it. Maybe you might have more luck with the UK. It was originally a Murcie only colour so not many anywhere until the 560-4

I recall a Valentino Balboni as well, but perhaps I am wrong?

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

That's a nice colour... I think it is called: verde ithaca... I am actually thinking about getting the calipers painted in that colour... lol.... but also at the same time, don't want to distroy or change any original parts...

I have heard that it is quite difficult to bring in 06+ gallardos from the UK, is that right? Or it is just the cost that prohibits a lot of people from bringing 06+ cars into the country?

cheers,

richie

from mid 06 and newer you can not bring in any Gallardos under the sevs/raws thingy....

And yes it is always a bitch to import instead of buying what's already available, depends what you want from a car determines if you import it or not.