Offline 98octane

Why would you ever want a green G?  They look absolutely crap....

NOT...  :melting:

Offline AshSimmonds

• Geekitecht

• Drives: GF's shitbox :(
  • Name: Humble Narrator
  • www: AshSimmonds.com
Why would you ever want a green G?  They look absolutely crap....

NOT...  :melting:

I'd like to see if they're as good in the metal - I spent some time around Krypton/Isotope green Lotusesses and found that in the sun the colour was sorta washed out, and in the rain it was dull.

Of course this wasn't in amongst other traffic - just other Lotii - I reckon it'd look great against beige appliances.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
The pic by 98 octane is in the sun and looks "Fully Hektik!!!!!"
You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!

Offline Jamezilla

• Drives: BMWs for everyone!
  • Name: James
I'm pretty sure there were no locally delivered gen-2 G coupes in Verde Ithaca. Any coupes spotted (that aren't the later 560-model cars) must be gen-1 imports. Geoff's VI spyder (D8B8 - date bait) has matching wheels (looks awful) and rarely gets driven... but he does flip his cars every now and then.
PM me if you are interested in it (specifically) and I'll give you some handy contacts.

Re: coupe vs spyder - you'll struggle to notice any difference in dynamics.
They are both brilliant. Spyder has the extra 'aural' advantage - but coupe looks better.

However - the best feature on any of the rag top supercars is the power rear window on the G-Spyder that allows a bit of fresh air and extra noise, without getting your head wet if the weather turns sour.

Offline Ferrari Fissatore

• Soap Dodger

• Drives: its obsession
However - the best feature on any of the rag top supercars is the power rear window on the G-Spyder that allows a bit of fresh air and extra noise, without getting your head wet if the weather turns sour.

yeah, same on M6 cab... great trick...

except when you remember that MG Midgets had a zip up rear window way back in 1960 something, so it ain't anything new!

I demonstrated my Lancia Thema 8.32 (no luggage yet) active rear wing to a car designer today... he said.. 'bugger your Bugatti veyron, this thing is cool" !!!!

Needless to say I gave him an uppercut and roundhouse kick to snap him to his senses, but I appreciated the sentiment.  :tilt:

Offline tentacles1

Quote from: jim501 link=topic=7951.msg114946#msg114946 date=
You're going to struggle to find a verde ithica here, the only ones I'm aware of are the Edelsten's spider and the 570 SL. Though I have a vague recollection of someone mentioning the sighting of a coupe but don't quote me on it. Maybe you might have more luck with the UK. It was originally a Murcie only colour so not many anywhere until the 560-4

There is currently a Verde 550-2 with black wheels in the Melbourne showroom, looks brilliant, by far the best looking Gallardo I have seen.

Offline jim501

• Idiot Seeking Village

• Name: Cam
Finally the dealers are seeing this as a colour they can sell. Previously they wouldn't bring in anything that wasn't yellow, orange or black.

Offline cel

Offline Mr Enzo

I think the Verde looks crazy on the 560 more so then a 640. However one colour that i've warm to lately is Monterey Blue  :melting:
Batti il ferro quando caldo.
Strike when the iron is hot.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Monterey Blue  :melting:

Post a pic and we'll see if it's the one i'm thinking of. If it is the Gallardo SE blue then I agree.

I was interested in this car in the UK, it was called a GT3 (that is why I started the thread about the GT3 Gallardo a month or 2 ago)

But really it was only a 06 E-gear , GT3 Bodykit, wider aggressive front end, with Carbon Fibre front splitter and side skirts as part of the full flow floor.
Wet water flow system
GT3 upgraded Suspension
GT3 upgraded Brakes
BBS Race Wheels

Wasn't worth the price they were asking for a non-lambo modified car, car was thrashed pretty bad aswell. Looked awesome though. Also I would have looked like a cock in a fake SE looking gallardo lol

You can say I'm wrong, but my garage doesn't agree with that statement!!!