Offline Ferrari

Crashed "diablo" (stupid newspeople)

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/8249320/lamborghini-damaged-in-sydney-taxi-smash

read the description to get the title.

A Lamborghini Diablo has been badly damaged in a head-on crash with a taxi in Sydney's inner west.

The black sports car, which costs around $A400,000 new, was travelling along Parramatta Road in Leichhardt at about 2am (AEST) on Sunday when it crossed the median strip and hit the cab, police said.

The 51-year-old female taxi driver was trapped in her vehicle for about an hour before being freed and taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital with a broken leg.

The 22-year-old male Lamborghini driver was unhurt while his 26-year-old male passenger suffered minor chest injuries.

"As a result of the crash the damage to both vehicles was extensive," a police statement said.

Police are currently investigating the causes of the accident.

Offline T0M722

Lol, ignorant people make me so mad! And it's really their fault if they can't do an inch of research to back up their bloody stories...

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides
  • The only wrong decision is Regret

• Drives: Cars
  • Name: Knob Head
Lol, ignorant people make me so mad! And it's really their fault if they can't do an inch of research to back up their bloody stories...

Must be a few reporters on the forums then...  :P
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Found out why it is being called a Diablo. When you do a search of the numberplate (BSC20D) on the RTA, it comes up as a "2003 Black Lamborghini Diablo Coupe".

Looks like the reporter actually did too much research on the car and found a fairly stupid mistake on the RTA and compliancing departments side of things  :doh:

It is clearly a Merci though. 23 year old driver, 26 year old passenger. And I thought I was the youngest Lambo driver in NSW :(
Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline T0M722

Reporter sourced one bit of info (supposedly), the RTA. That's not doing too much research. Go on the internet for five minutes and anyone could match the car they saw on the road to the car on the internet and find literally anything out about it, once you have the name, that is.

Offline Wattens

• Free Mustache Rides

Reporter sourced one bit of info (supposedly), the RTA. That's not doing too much research. Go on the internet for five minutes and anyone could match the car they saw on the road to the car on the internet and find literally anything out about it, once you have the name, that is.

Yeah but 99 out of 100 people couldn't tell you the difference between a Merci, diablo, gallardo, aventador anyway... All they know is they see a Lambo and know it is a Lambo, they rarely get the model right unless they are all side by side even then most people get them wrong.

We know these cars, but we are a minority. Even at my local Merceedes dealer a salesman complimented me on my "Diablo"  :doh: :doh:

Enjoying Life!!!!

Offline MC

• nee SydneySpotter

• Name: Marcus

Offline cel

IT can reach 100km/h in 3.8 seconds - but it took just a split second for a young man to transform this $400,000 supercar into a twisted wreckage yesterday.

The 22-year-old driver, borrowing a friend's 2003 model Lamborghini Diablo, allegedly lost control of the vehicle at high speed on Parramatta Rd, Leichhardt, about 2am. The car crossed a median strip and collided head-on with a taxi.

The 51-year-old female taxi driver suffered a broken leg and was trapped in her vehicle for more than an hour. A passenger in the Lamborghini was also injured.

Police are investigating claims the young driver had been "showing off".

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/model-lamborghini-diablo-destroyed-allegedly-by-22-year-old-driver-in-leichhardt/story-e6freuy9-1226056298660

Offline amgsl55

• Tooth hurty

The 22-year-old driver, borrowing a friend's 2003 model Lamborghini

wonder if they'll sort it out over a beer at the local pub

Offline 355Aussie

22 yr old driver driving friends Lamborghini = Not insured = loss of money = when will they learn!