Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

• Drives: my wife crazy
Hi guys,

Need your opinions on this one.... I am torn between these 2 cars... a low mileage 2005 6spd Manual Gallardo or a 2007 GT3 RS... both cars are with low mileage and same price range, same insurance cost... what's the pros and cons... mainly looking for:

- Resell value in 5-10 years time
- Rarity
- Best value for money
- Any problems with either cars that I should really look out for? eg. Clutch issue with the gallardo and the rear main seal issue with the GT3RS...

People told me that GT3 RS retains its value quite well over time, is that true?

Also know that with a porsche, you can re-new warranty every year as long as the car is within 10 years of age... and I don't think I will be able to get this covered with the gallardo though...

Thank you very much in advance!

cheers,

richie

Offline mhh

• Chief Test Pilot

A good question for scud.  I bet he says the Porsche.  :thumbsup:

Offline iwantaredferrari

• iwant-another-redferrari

• Drives: Ferrari 360 Modena

Offline allanuber

• Name: Al

Assume resale on either is going to be a bit hit and miss, you'd want to buy either one of these because you love them.

I've driven both on road and track and if you're keeping the 360 I'd go for the GT3 RS in a second if you need a car you can consistently and quickly track. If it's road and cafe duties - go Lambo.
C'mon, do it!

Offline 993tits

• Pepé Le Porsche

Phil is gunna think I am biased, but my choice would be RS.............the Lambo has visual impact, sound, rarity but the RS has everything you could want and very little you dont. I say this from the perspective of someone considering the two cars you have mentioned and not from having a need for either of them to ride like a Bently or have the off road capability of a Range Rover.

If you are ever going to do Track days, buy the Porsche....it is made for it and you would be missing 80% of it's capability and personality if you didnt do track days!

Buy the RS and befriend someone with a Lambo and drive theirs when you need to.............you need to be careful about listening to me though as I use my cars and dont understand "garage queens" I also do not have a very good understanding of the term "re-sale"...............why would you sell them? As far as the cost to run them.........like everything else in life, the more you enjoy it, the more it is going to cost! You can enjoy either of these cars massively, so be prepared for the costs to be in line with that!

:thumbsup:
Always Gunna

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

Bored of the 360 already?

Yes.... a bit.... and I don't normally keep my car over 2 years... the last car  (M3 CSL) I only had it for under 1 year, then I sold it in perfect condition.... same as this 360.... either trading it in or private sale it if it is not too troublesome...

cheers,

richie

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

I totally understand where you are coming from.... If I went with the RS, I wouldn't think it would ever see a proper open competition track day (Event O'neil days excepted).... and I don't know if I even have the time to enjoy it fully.... I understand that it is designed for the track and is very hardcore on the public roads... and that's what I like about it (not a full race car, so you can still use it)....

It will not be a garage queen... both cars... well... sort of not.... either one will have around 2000 to 3000 km a year and I do enjoy driving cars spiritly on windy and twisty roads... and I believe both cars can do those jobs well enough... It is more like a A to A car (selfish car) for me... there is rarely a destination for all my 2nd car... go out from home and straight back from home after my drive...

thanx...

richie

Phil is gunna think I am biased, but my choice would be RS.............the Lambo has visual impact, sound, rarity but the RS has everything you could want and very little you dont. I say this from the perspective of someone considering the two cars you have mentioned and not from having a need for either of them to ride like a Bently or have the off road capability of a Range Rover.

If you are ever going to do Track days, buy the Porsche....it is made for it and you would be missing 80% of it's capability and personality if you didnt do track days!

Buy the RS and befriend someone with a Lambo and drive theirs when you need to.............you need to be careful about listening to me though as I use my cars and dont understand "garage queens" I also do not have a very good understanding of the term "re-sale"...............why would you sell them? As far as the cost to run them.........like everything else in life, the more you enjoy it, the more it is going to cost! You can enjoy either of these cars massively, so be prepared for the costs to be in line with that!

:thumbsup:

Offline Iggy_Type_R

I'd go for the Gallardo, but I haven't driven the GT3RS ... so it's a completely useless opinion, but in the spirit of AE I thought I'd share it anyway!!!  :mischief:  :thumbsup:

PS. If you're up for a cruise on a weeknight, let me know! It's been too long :)

Offline ACP

• Lives in a Metro Tangerine

• Drives: McLaren
Personally I'd go for the Lambo even though the GT3 RS is probably a all-round better car. GT3 RS is probably a keeper and future classic (if it isn't one already) whereas the Lambo wouldn't be.

Offline Richie

• I need Lambo drugs...

There is always a newer and better GT3 RS to top the current model... and do you think it will still be a future classic or a good keeper?

cheers,

richie